Fourteen

"Hi Jiyeon!" Jungkook greeted me happily on the phone. I could imagine his playful face as soon as I listened to that warm voice.

"Jeon Jungkook! What's up?" I jumped on to the couch and made myself comfortable.

"Just wanted to say congratulations! I didn't get to say it yesterday. I also didn't come to support you, sorry. I had an urgent family matter."

"That's fine! I understand, really. Yoora and Jongin came to support me, so I was not alone yesterday. So, you don't need to say sorry."

"You are so kind, Jiyeon. Thank you. And once again, big congratulations to you!"

I giggled. "Yeah, yeah. Thanks, Jeon Jungkook. Have you received the schedule for your final presentation?"

"Got it just now. I will be having my final presentation next week. Will you come to support me?" Jungkook asked.

"Sure!" I immediately agreed to his request. "I would love to come! I will bring Yoora, too. Well, I'm sure everyone will come to support you because you have many friends."

"Nah, you are exaggerating. I actually don't have many friends."

"So humble," I giggled. I heard Jungkook chuckling to my response. His chuckle still sounds so lovable.

I shook my head, trying to snap out of my crazy thoughts. Hey Jiyeon, you have a boyfriend now. Remember that

Yeah, a boyfriend that I've ignored since last night.

"Jiyeon? Are you still with me?" Jungkook asked. He was trying to make sure that he still got my attention.

"H-huh? Y-yes, yes, Jungkook. Sorry, I just remembered something. What did you say?"

"Do you have the  time to meet me at the café tomorrow?  I want you to see my presentation."

"The café in my apartment?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just want to make sure that I have enough confidence so I won't get nervous easily."

"So, you want me as your first audience?" I giggled.

"Not for the actual presentation. Trial presentation, perhaps?"

"So, I'm a guinea pig now?" I said jokingly.

Jungkook laughed. "Of course not! I wouldn't do any experiments on you and you will never be a guinea pig. I only need you to listen to my presentation and give me comments, so I can be better on D-day."

"OK then, you win, Jeon Jungkook. You win." We both laughed. I always enjoy conversation with this sweet and warm guy.

"I will come at 11 a.m. as usual. Don't forget to eat your breakfast before meeting me, Jiyeon."

I played with my hair while responding to Jungkook. I suddenly got nervous and I didn't know why. Why do I have this weird feeling that I didn't have before?

"OK, I can promise you that, since Jongin will be making breakfast for me tomorrow."

"Someday, I will be the one to cook for you."

I choked but I tried to hide it by coughing. "Thanks, Jungkook. But I am sure you won't be better than Jongin."

"Jongin is a chef and I am not. Of course his dish will be much better than mine. But, I can guarantee you that you will like my cooking."

"More than I like you?"

I said that confidently, but then I realized how stupid it sounded. I am digging my own grave, am I not?