Nine

I was eating the bento I ordered a while ago in the canteen, alone. I usually spent my break with Yoora, but she was still busy with her thesis.

It had been three days since Sehun confessed to me, but I still had not given him a reply. I really wanted to reply 'yes' because I liked him, too. It was not a lie. However, at the same time, I felt that I should say no. It seemed that my mind and heart were fighting internally.

As I was struggling with my own thoughts, I was surprised to death when someone patted my shoulder.

I held my chest tightly and turned around to find who it was.

Jeon Jungkook.

"Hi Jiyeon. Are you alone?" Jungkook asked as he sat next to me. He moved closer to me when he was trying to take the chili sauce bottle. Please beat normally, my heart.

"Y-yes," I stuttered. I tried to focus at my bento, so Jungkook couldn't see my nervousness.

"Where is Yoora? You are usually with her," he asked.

"Uh... she is still doing her thesis," I glanced at him and he smiled at me. I immediately turned my eyes to my bento again.

"That's good, then. Finally I can have a chat with you."

I choked on my food and coughed. Jungkook offered me a glass of water. I drank it immediately and felt strange. The water was warm.

"Ugh, thanks. But, I think this water is not mine. It's warm."

"Uhm yes, it was not yours, it was mine. But, warm water is better to stop coughs."Jungkook smiled again. Wah, I can't believe this guy...He really needs to stop making my heart beating weirdly.

"O-oh... thanks."

He smiled. "Anytime."

To avoid Jungkook, I continued to eat my bento. It was so weird. I know Jungkook was nice and kind-hearted, he had been my classmate since my first year in this college. But, now his attention to me was really different from the past. I had been thinking about Yoora's words, but I didn't believe her too much.

"Anyway," I was startled when Jungkook started to talk. "How's your thesis?"

I chewed and swallowed my bento. "Well, it is going well. Sehun said that I am ready for my final presentation. He has applied for a schedule and now I am still waiting for my turn."

"Sehun?" Jungkook asked.

I nodded. "Mm-hm, why?"

"No. You called him Sehun."

"Yes, and...?"

"Seems like you are really close to him."

I laughed. "Trust me, I am not. He said to us that he doesn't want to be called by Mister or Sir, so... I called him by his name."

Jungkook sighed. "Oh, I thought you were close to him."

I chuckled, hiding my red cheeks. "Well, how about you? I haven't seen you for weeks. I supposed you were busy with your thesis?"

Jungkook nodded. "Yes, I was doing researches for my thesis. It turned out well. My instructor is still checking it now and I will get the result by end of this week."

When I was about want to respond, my phone rang. "Excuse me," I said and Jungkook nodded. He continued to eat his sandwich.

I looked at my phone to find who the caller was. It was Sehun. I gulped and glanced at Jungkook nervously. Should I take this?

"Why don't you take that call?" Jungkook asked.

I hid my phone screen from him, so he couldn't see it. "Uhm, I will take this." I slid the green button and put the phone on my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Jiyeon. Where are you now?"

"Uhm, m-me? I am at the campus."

"Which room?"

"Huh? why?"

"My class has just ended and I want to see you."

I coughed and Jungkook looked at me. "What's wrong? I am a bit busy." I whispered.

"Huh? Busy with your food or with Jeon Jungkook?" His question made me choke. I held my breath and I tried to find Sehun. He's here.

"Ok, ok. I will go to your room in five minutes," I ended the call and put my phone into my pocket hurriedly.

Jungkook looked at me cleaning up my tray. "Where are you going?"

I turned my head to Jungkook while thinking. Should I tell him or not? "Yoora has just finished and I want to meet her now," I lied.

"Oh, ok."

I nodded at him and hurriedly walked to Sehun's room. I messaged Sehun to ask for his location, and I got a reply right after.

I can see you, but I'll arrive at my room before you. See you, sweetie.

This guy is creepy!

***
I knocked Sehun's door and he told me to come in. I opened his door to see him standing just in front of me. I was really startled that I dropped my bag. Sehun helped me to pick my bag and handed it to me.

"Come on in," he said. I walked to the couch and he closed the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He handed me a letter. "Open it."

I looked at him before opening the letter. I read it and realized that it was the schedule for my final presentation. It will take place next week.

"Good luck, Kim Jiyeon," he said to me while smiling sweetly. "Even if you still have not given me a reply, I will keep on supporting you. I will be there."

"Sehun, about that, I-"

Sehun cut me before I could finish my sentence. "That's okay, Jiyeon. You don't need to think about it now. You can reply me after you are finished with your final presentation." Sehun's smile calmed me down.

I gave him a slight smile. "Thanks, Sehun."

"Don't worry about that."

"So, you want to meet me because of this?" I asked, lifting the letter. Sehun nodded.

"Oh! Are you close with Jungkook?" Sehun added.

"Not really. He is my classmate since first year. Why?"

"Just asking. What do you think about him?"

"He is pretty nice and kind," I replied. Why? Is he jealous?

Sehun titled his head. "That's it?" he asked, I nodded.

I heard a vibrating sound. That was not my phone since I never used the vibrating mode. I looked at the table and realized that it was his phone.

"Sehun, your phone..."

Sehun took his phone and he checked the screen before taking the call. I couldn't hear him clearly as his voice was really soft. It was not even a minute and he already ended the call.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"No one. Well, I suppose you better go home now to take a rest. Be well prepared."

"Uh... yes. Bye, Sehun." Sehun opened the door for me and patted my head lightly.

"You will be fine. Good luck." Sehun closed the door and I walked away.

I felt that Sehun was acting weird since he took the earlier call. I wondered who that was.