CHAPTER EIGHT

DUQUE's POV

"Ni hao." Bati ni Ford sabay kindat sa babaeng nasa desk. Ano raw? Inihaw?

"Reservation under Victoria Scott." Sabi naman ni Victoria. Tumango sa kanya ang babae at pagkatapos lang ng ilang minuto, binigay na sa amin ang key cards.

Kinuha ko na ang mga bagahe ko at sumakay ng elevator. Ipinasok ko na mga gamit ko pagkarating ko sa kwarto ko. I took a moment to glance around the room. The room was not bad. Malalaki ang mga bintana kaya tanaw ang magandang view sa labas. Hinubad ko ang sapatos ko at pabagsak na humiga sa kama.

LINDSAY's POV

"Barbara? Gising ka na ba?" I said as I knock on Barbara's room. It was a Monday morning and I was going to ask Barbara if she would like to eat breakfast with Ford and I.

"Baka tulog pa siya kaya wag mo nang istorbohin."

Napatigil ako sa pagkatok nang may biglang nagsalita kaya napalingon ako. Max was leaning on his room's door while staring at me. Tumigil ako sa pagkatok at umalis na lang nang bigla kong naramdaman na may humawak sa kamay ko.

"Get your hand off me!" I said as I remove his hand off of me.

"Hindi mo ba talaga ako papansinin?" Sabi niya. I didn't answer his question at hindi rin ako tumitingin sa kanya. Hindi ko siya kayang tignan sa mata dahil feeling ko wala na akong mukhang ma-ihaharap sa kanya. And besides, kasalanan niya kung bakit ako nagkakaganito. He should have used his mind, not his dick.

"We're here on a vacation Linds. Please, let's talk."

I took a deep breath, slowly facing him.

"Naisip mo bang magkaibigan tayo bago mo kunin ang virginity ko? Huh, Max?"

He didn't answer my question so I just turned my back and walked away.

VICTORIA's POV

I got up from bed and went outside my room. I went downstairs para kumain ng breakfast when I saw Lindsay and Ford having breakfast already under the umbrella tent.

"Where are they?" I said as I walk towards them. "Baka tulog pa sila." Ford said while eating her food.

"I checked on Barbara before going down here and she's still sleeping." Lindsay added.

I just nodded and sat on the vacant seat. I grabbed a newspaper and my eyes widened when I saw an article about our company merging with Nylon Magazine so I quickly put the newspaper back.

"So, what would our first destination be?" I asked them, breaking the silence between us.

"Let's go to Leshan Giant Buddha." Sagot ni Lindsay. "And where would that be?" Ford asked her with a raised brow.

"Uhm.. at Sichuan." She answered as she bites her lower lip. "What? But that's on the western part of China. We're here on Beijing." Ford exclaimed.

"That's okay Ford. We're on a vacation right? There is no destination too far." I said as I sip my drink.

We just finished eating our breakfast and went back to our rooms. I took a shower and changed my clothes. Bumaba ako papunta sa lobby para hintayin sila nang matapos na akong mag-ayos.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Ivo asked while walking towards me who looked like he just got up from bed.

"We're going to Sichuan. Aren't you coming with us?"

"Nah. I already talked to the boys and we have a different agenda." He answered. I just nodded my head and smiled at him. "Okay."

Dumating na sila Lindsay, Ford at Barbara kaya naman umalis na kami ng hotel. Malayo layo mula sa Beijing ang Sichuan kaya magiging matagal ang biyahe namin.

There were lots of people at Leshan Giant Buddha and most of them were tourists just like us. Barbara kept on taking pictures the moment we arrived.

"Barbara! Can I have a copy of our picture with the buddha?" Lindsay asked her. Barbara nodded and gave her a picture. She was using a polaroid camera so it was developed on the dot.

"Thanks." Lindsay said, smiling.

"No problem. Why did you asked one anyway?" Barbara asked. "Nothing. Just thought of something that can preserve precious memories just like this." Lindsay answered. Barbara just shrugged her shoulders and continued taking pictures.

I looked around to search for Ford until I saw her chatting with a girl. A smiled was formed on my face as I watch her. Ford is a woman who likes fondling with women. All of my friends were busy doing their own thing so I was left alone staring at the amazing view. I took a deep breath, inhaling the wonderful scent I've never smelled before.

"Thank you handsome mister!" A cute little girl who was talking to a guy suddenly caught my attention. She was so cute. Her beautiful smile lightened me up.

"You're welcome. Go, your mom might be looking for you." Said the guy who was down on his knees to level the girl's height. The little girl smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheeks then ran away.

The guy stood then turned to my direction and I was shocked as our eyes meet. He was about to walk away but I stopped him.

"You?" I said as I walk towards him. He stopped for a moment and stared at me. "Yes! It's you! Ikaw nga ang antipatikong bumunggo sa akin sa airport!"

He looked at me with his eye brows narrowing. "Ako? Antipatiko?" He said.

"Oo! Antipatiko ka! You are the one who bumped me at the airport but you didn't even say sorry." Sabi ko. "Bakit naman ako mag-sosorry sa kasalanang hindi ko ginawa?" Mariing sabi niya.

My fist clenched and I could feel my blood rising.

"Are you telling me that I'm lying?"

"Wala akong sinabing nagsisinungaling ka." He answered, dryly.

"You ba-"

"Stop it crazy lady. I really don't know why I'm talking to you in the first place. This is nonsense." He said then turned his back on me. What did he just call me? Crazy? I tried to pull myself together and fight the urge to scream. That bastard!

"Hey! Victoria! Are you okay?" I heard Ford asked who came from nowhere. "Yes." I answered shortly.

"Are you sure? Is there something wrong?" Barbara added.

I took a deep breath and faced them. "I'm okay. Let's just eat, shall we? I'm kind of hungry." They just nodded their heads so we left the place and searched for a place to eat.

FORD's POV

"That was a very tiring trip." Sabi ni Barbara habang pabagsak na humiga sa kama ko. We were inside my room and just got back from Sichuan.

"Where would our boys be?" Victoria said while checking on her phone. "Malamang na nasa gimik ang mga 'yon." I said. I envied them. They might be drinking their hearts out and checking out on girls while I was stuck in my room with aching feet because of too much walking.

"Shall we go out too then? Besides, it's still early for us to sleep." Dagdag ni Victoria. "You're right." I said with excitement in my voice. Nagkatinginan si Barbara at Lindsay na parehong nakahiga sa kama ko.

"Fine. I'll just change." Lindsay said. All of them left my room to change their clothes.

They all came back after a few minutes with banging outfits. If only they weren't my friends, I would more than willing to bang the shit out of them, seriously. We went out of the hotel and searched for a near by bar.