Chapter Twenty Two

Meilani Marie
As I drove home, my heart raced rapidly. So many thoughts zoomed through my mind. I was fearful for my life.

It wasn't hard to figure out who sent the "gift."

It's ironic that the day I kick out Melody, a random and threatening gift is left at my job. And it's odd that the sender knew I was working. But it's been I while since I've worked in the club.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as my phone ring tone blared loudly.

Quickly glancing at the screen, I noticed that James was calling.

I took a second to collect myself and cover up my sadness.

Answering the phone I said, "Hey James what's up?"

For some reason his calming voice eased my worried mind as he said, "nothing I just wanted to hear your voice. You were supposed to call me after Melody's appointment, but you didn't."

I gasped in shock, realizing that I got so caught up in the drama, and forgot all about him.

"I'm so sorry! Look come over to my house and I'll explain everything."

"Text me your address and I'll be over." He calmly said in a smooth tone

"Bet, I got to go now though." I said ending the call

Finally, I pulled into my drive way and raced into the house. I only had a few minutes to get ready before James arrives. Due to the fact that he lives so close to me.

I quickly changed out of my work clothes and put on a more presentable outfit. I surely didn't need him to catch me in booty shorts and ten inch heels.

Searching through my walk in closet, I found a pink Juicy Couture sweatsuit and decided to wear it. It was a mix of glamour and comfort.

I threw my hair up into a bun and exited the closet. Looking in the mirror I approved of my look, and raced to the first floor.

I made sure to set out some snacks just to make a better impression on James. When I sat on the couch I slid a condom under a throw pillow just in case. Who knows what will happen when he gets here, but I'll be ready for anything.

Almost on cue the door bell rang loudly.

Racing to the door, I opened it and immediately a smile broke out on my face.

James stood there in front of
me with red roses and wine.

I wasted no time, pulling him into a hug. Even when we let go, we locked eyes and I swear we almost kissed.

But nonetheless I killed the vibe and stepping back letting him enter my house.

No matter how I feel about him I'm tired of getting to know boys and giving into them immediately after meeting. I need to learn to ease into contacting with others instead of jumping.

He stood there in awe as he admired my house. He walked over to my golden staircase.

"Woah, you must be rich or sumn cuz I ain't never seen a house like dis."

"I wouldn't say rich.....I'm comfortable."

"Yeah that's what all rich people say." He said nudging my shoulder and rolling his eyes.

"Shush, do you want a tour or are you just gonna stand in my door way staring?"

"Oh bet I want that tour."

"Well then follow me." I said slightly laughing

It's always awkward when I show people my home. I never like to brag about the stuff I have. And it always makes people wonder what my job is, and I'm not really comfortable with telling people.

Leading him down the hall, motion to each room and door saying "kitchen... dining room.... game/movie room...indoor pool...guest room...two bathrooms"

His jaw dropped when he saw my indoor pool. My indoor pool was equipped with a basketball hoop and mega slide.

"Don't look so surprised, this is just the first floor it gets better."

I took him into the movie and game room and he nearly screamed.

"HOW DO YOU HAVE ARCADE GAMES IN HERE?!?! THERE'S DEADASS A VINTAGE PAC MAN ARCADE MACHINE IN HERE!"

"I know people." I said giggling a little

"Yeah you gotta be loaded man show me the rest of the house."

Shaking my heads, I grabbed his hand and led him up the golden stairwell.

Once we got the second floor I made him take his shoes off, because my carpet was Snow White colored.

We walked down my long hallway as I named the rooms that we passed.

"Master bedroom, guest room, lounge, two bathrooms, and empty studio room."

"I think I wanna see what that master bedroom looks like." He said with a sly smirk on his face

"You can look but you can't touch." I said obviously meaning more than just touching the stuff in my room.

I quickly opened the door and closed it back, giving him only a sneak peek.

He has to earn the right to enter my room.

We slowly made our way down the stairs as he prompted me with questions about my home.

But it felt like he was more interested in my material items than in me.

And he shouldn't even be shocked that I have a nice house, because I drive a Tesla.

Once we made our way downstairs to the couch we talked for hours about life in general. And I continue to dodge career based questions.

But I could tell this boy really wanted to get to know me.

I just hope his intentions are genuine.