Chapter 35

A smile appeared on Panchaali's face as she began to read the letter, "What are you smiling about priye?" Nakul said as he blinked his eyes open, "you got ready? So early? Panchaali come back to bed, let's sleep for awhile." Nakul whined as he captured her wrist in his hand and pulled her towards the bed making her fall on him.

She gasped as her cheeks flushed, "Arya let me go please." She whispered, her eyes lowering, as her heart beat wildly in her chest. "Nope." Nakul replied, as he began leaving butterfly kisses on her jaw line.

Panchaali's heart was hammering in her chest, "Arya please. " She whispered, not really wanting to get away from her husband but the message in the letter was important, "No. And if you want to go than you need to release my hands by yourself." Nakul challenged, smirking at him.

"Mata?!" She called out startled making Nakul lose his grip on her as she stood up, he looked at the door but it was closed and no one was there, her laughter had him know that she had just fooled him.

"Pranks with the prankster?"  He asked as he looked at her, she was giggling, the sweet sound had a smile appearing on his face, seeing her smile always gave a happiness that he couldn't explain in words.

She was moving back slowly, her hands holding her lehnga as she slowly moved back. A huge smile on her face, as she slowly moved back, a giggle left her mouth as she turned around and ran.

"How far will you go?" Nakul teased as he began running behind her, she squealed as she ran towards the door, opened it and began running out of the room.

Draupadi laughed as she ran through the corridors, Nakul following her. She took another turn as she ran into the wall, she shut her eyes and braced herself for the impact. Arms wrapped around her and pulled her to the hard chest that she had mistaken for the wall.

"Always falling in trouble." Arjun's words teased her as his eyes met hers, she blushed as her eyes lowered. "Always so beautiful." He whispered as he kissed her forehead. "From which trouble is my princess running away this time?" He asked as he rubbed his thumb on her cheek.

"Bhraatashree." Nakul said as he came to a stop next to them, a smile on his face. Arjun smiled at his brother and nodded. "What's that in your hand?" He asked as he looked at his wife's hand, "it's an invite to Subhadra's wedding. She's marrying Duryodhan. Some other princess are to be married too, Princess Devika, Valandhara,  Karenumati and Vijaya will be marrying other Kauravas. Its going to be a grand function arya, to strengthen the bonds all the five princesses will be marrying at the same place. I think we should attend." She said excitedly happiness lacing her words. "I'll go tell others about this good news." She said as she turned around and ran.

Arjun frowned as he watched his wife run, Subhadra, the name ran through his mind. She was his friend than why did the news of her wedding didn't give him happiness? Why was he feeling like a part of him was being separated from him? What was happening to him?

Nakul looked at his brother, who was lost in his thoughts. He felt a burning in his chest, Karenumati or Karenu as he called her was his friend's sister. He had known her for very long, had always treated her as a friend than why was he filling this burning in his chest? He loved his Panchaali than why was he feeling this?

The rest of the pandavas too were not happy about the invite, a new war was going on in them. A war that threatened to consume all their senses, what was happening? The same question ran over in their minds again and again.

***

Panchaali sat in the Kali temple, her eyes closed as her hands were joined, "My time to leave is coming closer Mata." She whispered as she opened her eyes, her eyes were red and tears filled her gaze. The huge Kali statue was looking at her, "A woman can do anything for the happiness of her husbands, I too will give them this chance but every choice comes with a price, a price that they would have to pay. I choose my destiny with them and for my that choice I shall pay with this pain and suffering. Pandavas would pay for theirs when they marry the princesses." Her voice sounded so broken, there was no anger just a sea of pain.

The sound of the thaali falling had Draupadi turning back, there in the doorway stood Kunti, her face a mask of shock and pain as tears traced down her cheeks. She felt the world around her loose it's focus.

"Mata!" Exclaimed Panchaali as she saw Kunti shut her eyes and loose her balance

"Mata!" Exclaimed Panchaali as she saw Kunti shut her eyes and loose her balance. She stood up and rushed to her side, "What are you talking about putri? Your vow is not going to be true right? Answer me!" She shouted, for the first time on her daughter, for the first time she was furious at her but at the same time she was in agony too.

"If you know what they are going to do than why don't you stop them from going?!" Kunti screamed, tears tracing down her cheeks. "Every human has their own fate, so do I. Who has ever been able to challenge fate?" She said as she hugged her mother, "I know my aryas better than themselves mata. They are not yet aware that they love the five women, the day I told them about the invite, I could see it on their face... " Panchaali was cut off by her mother, "How can they love them?! They love you!" Shouted Kunti, trying to find any flaw in Panchaali's words. "Just the way I love all my husbands equally mata." She whispered as she stared at the ground, "I won't let them go!" Kunti shouted, the mother in her warring with herself, no way was she going to lose her daughter again. And Prativindh? Her grandson, how could she let him go? How?!

"You won't do any such thing mata. For my sake." Draupadi whispered making Kunti fall on her knees and cry. Panchaali hugged her mata but she didn't let her tears fall, she would be the strength of her mother.

 Panchaali hugged her mata but she didn't let her tears fall, she would be the strength of her mother

Kunti looked at her daughter, her hands shaking as she cupped her cheeks and just cried. How can someone make such great sacrifices for her family? For her sons happiness? How could she? But what Panchaali failed to understand was that Prativindh and she were the souls of the pandavas, without them they'll be just walking deads, they might love those princesses but giving someone their heart and giving someone their soul are two different things.

Those princesses just held a place in the pandavas but like always pandavas said; Panchaali was their soul. Kunti cried for she knew without Panchaali Indraprasth would loose all its happiness, that without Panchaali pandavas would lose their essence of life, that happiness would be burned as an ahuti. But all now she could do was pray that her sons would prevent from happening this. . .

***
DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

***