s i x

Thank ya'll sm for 238 reads 🥰 I'll continue to update more for you guys! 💜

Just a reminder: Ayako from Kaori's elementary school is a different Ayako in Kaori's Junior High. It means that they are completely a different person.

~|Interested|~

KAORI's POV; A WEEK LATER

"KAORIIIIII!!!" I flinched at the voice who yelled my name and I turned around to see that it was no other than Ayako. She bent down a little and grabbed her knees while catching her breath.

"Nan desu ka? (What is it?)" I asked and she gave me an excited smile. I raised an eyebrow at her, with a suspicious look on my face. "What are you excited about?"

"I TALKED TO THE CAPTAIN OF THE GIRLS VOLLEYBALL AND TOLD HER ABOUT YOU! APPARENTLY SHE WANTS TO MEET YOU LATER AFTER SCHOOL!"

My eyes widened. "N-nani?!"

She nodded at me and gave me a grin. "Isn't that exciting?! Now you can prove everyone and make them shut up about calling you a 'timid' girl!"

"B-but..."

"No buts! You said last week that you will join the volleyball club with me!"

I was silent for a while.

'Oh yeah, I forgot about that.' I thought.

She noticed my sudden silence and frowned. "What's wrong? You...you don't consider backing out right?"

I sighed and shook my head. "I'll join with you. I was just thinking something."

She shrugged. "Well whatever it is, I'm sure you'll get over it! Oh I forgot to tell ya, there is a tryouts later after school. So don't forget your training clothes!"

I nodded. "Okay. I'll go home to get my clothes quick and come back here."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head and smiled. "No it's okay. Come on, we'll be late to English class. It's the last class for today then tadaaa~ weekends."

She chuckled and walked beside me. "Yeah. After tryouts, I can't wait to lay on my bed and sleep. Of course, I'm gonna eat and shower first before sleeping."

I laughed. "Same. What's your plans for the weekends though?"

"Hmm, if we got in and there is practice tomorrow, I'll probably practice my toss and spike."

"Oh yeah! You told me before you played as setter in elementary right?"

"Yep! Setter is the best position and handles the ball most in a match!" She exaggerate and I laughed again. "You do love being a setter."

She nodded excitedly. "Yeah! And I cannot wait for the tryouts later!"

Then she looked at me. "Well what position do you play? You never told me your position before."

I smile lightly. "Wing spiker. Like my nii-san."

"Oooh! Who's your older brother? Does he play in a powerhouse school?"