Chapter 6 Name Me

"Um... Sherif I think this is Simon June's wife... Uh he name was Anna Beth." Says deputy Kindle from the river side.

Kindle has gone to high school Simon, and at a time they were thicker than thieves.

"You've got to be kidding me! Anna Beth was the kindest lady I'VE ever met!" Sherif Matt Dillon yells out from the top of the hill.

Matt Dillon a small town blue color man. He was there when the Jude's said "I do." Seemed like a match made in heaven, but apparently something else must of been going on.

Hiding back behind a tree Anna Beth watches. She notices all the sad faces, even the ones who showed up for the news paper seemed unnaturally slow to ask questions. Anna Beth fades so she can walk about without being seen.

Sherif Matt is kneeling next to Anna Beth's body. "Kindle I don't want her name released yet. I want to know more about this." Deputy Kindle nods "What should we call her then?" He asks... He definitely doesn't want to rule her as a Jane Doe. "We should call her..." Matt ponders for a name. Anna Beth gets a gut feeling that this is going to be her name, she will become known as this name.

Anna Beth closes he eyes. She feels it coming to her... A faint whisper in the wind. The Woman in white. Her eyes flash open as if a fire has just been set in her mind. "The woman in white." Her name flows through her lips in the same whisper that the wind had. She sees Kindle stiffen he opens his mouth to speak but then closes it, and he turns his head looking at Anna Beth. Wait... Looking at her! Anna Beth's breath catches. 'Is my fading not working?' Her mind yells. Alarmed.

Kindle turns his head back to the Sherif. "I think we should call her The Woman In White, because her white dress." He says matter of factly. The sherif nods and straightens up... "Boy I don't know how you come up with these names, but Im glad you do 'cause I know I cant!" He calls over his shoulder.

Kindle looks back at Anna Beth and nods. She notices a sparkle in his chocolate eyes that sends a spark down her spine. Anna Beth is curious, and almost upset. How can Kindle see her? No one else can! What makes him of all people different?

Anna Beth feels as though wood has just been added to the fire in her unbeating heart.

"Hey Matt I got to go take a leak I the woods." Kindle says simply. He doesn't even wait for an answer before he starts walking in Anna Beth's direction. Just before he passes her he says "Follow me." His voice it too low for any one else to hear. So she does.

A/N

Yeah another short one... Isn't that part of being a short story? I don't know, but it seems logical! What do you guys think of Kindle?? Is he going to help Anna Beth? Is he going to kill her? Oh so many questions to be asked and answered!! Hopefully the next chapter will start to answer them.

-Elwen