Chapter 31

After helping Violet and Aster to their seats he quickly made it to the stage in front of them and stood next to the sign language interpreter, and before addressing the crowd he thanked the middle aged man for being there at such short notice. Violet could hear the whispers behind her as he did. "Is that his wife? I thought he was single? But they have a child..." and as the whispers continued before Leon started speaking she secretly enjoyed what they were saying.

As Leon read from his most recent book and talked about the photos Violet wondered why he said he didn't enjoy speaking in front of people, he seemed like a natural. He was funny, charming, and humble. People were fully engaged. When it came time for the Q&A he asked for a chair to sit in so he could feel a bit more comfortable.

The fist questions were regarding his earlier adventures, people asking for advice for starting out or where to even go and he answered with a kind smile. When the crowd settled from the funny story the last question had opened him up for a young woman near the back rose. "Do you have a favorite place?"

His eyes flicked to Aster and Violet for the briefest of moments that everyone in the room caught. "I've recently found myself falling in love with Lieden." He smiled as a small blush dusted his cheeks and every woman in the room sighed, except Violet who blushed, which Aster took note of.

After the questions there was a line of people asking for autographs to which his manager announced that he would be at the bookstore in town tomorrow morning until the afternoon to sign books. Violet and Aster met him at the front of the stage where he kindly asked the security to let them through and they made their escape through the back.

At the restaurant Leon learned just how well Violet and Aster knew the owners of one of the loveliest restaurants he's been to. Between the romantic atmosphere and the excellent service, who all knew Violet and her little girl well enough to guess their orders, he couldn't help but like the place."You two come here often?" He asked after their drinks came and orders were taken.

"Once a week." Violet admits as she hands Aster the book she'd been holding on for her. "She likes their brie appetizer and I'm a fan of their Halibut."

"I was wondering since the staff seemed to know exactly what the two of you wanted before you said anything. Have you had the lamb before? I always order it when it's on a menu, although I'm afraid I'm holding it to an impossible standard."

"One of the five star restaurants in another country?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Actually, someone I met on the other side of the world." He smiles as memories of Valantia and the village fill his mind with happy memories he is grateful for.

Aster pulled on Leon's sleeve and she got his attentions she signed slowly and with a confused look in her bright green eyes. "Where are your friends?"

His eyes shift from Violet and back to Aster with a soft smile. "I told them I wanted to spend time with my new best friend tonight. I'll see them tomorrow."

Aster turns to her mother with some mischief in her eyes as she moves her hands too quickly for Leon to follow. When he sees the stern look in Violet's face as she signs "no." He's very confused.

Violet looks up from Aster and sees that Leon has no idea what the child said to her. "She asked if your friends not coming meant she didn't have to use all of her manners."

Leon laugh, which caused Aster to giggle and Violet to scowl a little. So when he was finished he looked to the little girl with a slightly serious look about him. "You're mother is right. You still have to use all of you manners." Aster now scowled at him before reaching for her book. Leon signed before her eyes could hide behind the pages. "What are you reading?"