Chapter Nine: Missing

"I love you so much baby." Harry slurred as he kissed my neck.

"Babe, you're drunk. Again."

"No you don't understand, I really really really love you."

"Well I'd hope so. We're getting married in two days."

"You're so beautiful. I'm so lucky to have you."

"I'm lucky to have you too, but you can't keep getting drunk. You'll hurt yourself."

"Drinking doesn't hurt me, but you're hurting my reputation."

"What?"

"I talked to my men about your rule, and they threatened to overthrow me. They say I'm going soft because of you and they need a real leader."

"Harry I'm sorry but I was doing what is right."

"Making me almost lose my job isn't the right thing. They said that if I don't get my act together within the next two days I'm out."

"Fine, then go back to being a dictator and using fear to get what you want."

"That's the only way to get things done. If you're not harsh then you never get anywhere!"

"You know Harry, I don't think I want to be married to a man who thinks that if doing something right hurts your reputation makes it wrong."

"I don't want to be married to a bitch who forces people to do want they want."

"Well if you think that that is who I am then let me go home. You dragged me away from my father, flew me to the coldest, most isolated and barren place on earth, and except me to be okay with marrying a man I met five days ago! And you get drunk all the time!"

"I get drunk so I can drown out your screechy ass voice constantly bitching in my ear."

"You say you love me but you don't. You think that I'm annoying and that I'm costing you your reputation. You wouldn't care about that if you loved me."

"Don't pull that card. I love you so fucking much! All of this I said for you! This house is to keep you safe. I took you away from your father to keep you safe. The only reason I do things is to keep you safe because I love you!"

"That's not what love is. Yes you want to keep them safe but you also want to make sure that they're happy. How can I be happy in Russia engaged to a man I just met?"

"But you said you loved me and that you meant it."

"Just because I love you doesn't mean that I'm happy."

"Can you even be happy with me any more? All we do is fight."

"We've had only two fights, Harry, and we've both been under tons of stress from the wedding and your job." I set my hand on my forehead and breathed out a shaky breath. Harry pulled me against his chest.

"I'm so sorry baby. I do love you so much, and I do want you to be happy."

"I know Harry, but I can't be happy here."

"Well why don't we just move into my safe house in the Caribbean permanently?"

"I would love to, but I need people. I need to have connections and friendships."

"I promise I will make everything perfect for us. If you would just give me a little bit longer to figure things out."

"I'm sorry I'm putting up such a fuss."

"Don't apologize. It's not my place to take you away from your home and try and force you to live in a place and way you don't like and aren't used to."

"I love you Harry."

"I love you too baby. Why don't we go find something for a late night snack." I slipped my hand into his as we walked down the hallway.

"They cleaned the hall up really quickly."

"I know. I had them do it extra fast so there wasn't any chance of you seeing that again." He held me close against his side while we walked, occasionally passing some of Harry's workers. 

"Why're you so clingy today?"

"Tomorrow we cant spend any time together."

"Why not?"

"Because it's bad luck for us to see each other before the wedding."

"We can have Jacob run messages when he comes." I smiled, giggling as he kissed my head. "When will he come?"

"This afternoon."

"Really? I can't wait to see him, I-"

"Excuse me sir, I wanted to inform you of the guest you're flying out." A maid came up to us, nervously wringing her hands.

"What about him?"

"The plane went down in the Atlantic Ocean and we can't find the whereabouts of the vessel."

"What does this mean?"

"It means that all the passengers on the plane are lost somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean."