Chapter: 6 Dinner

A/N: Sorry guys for being inactive! I'll be sure to be updating this Christmas Break, school and finals got me occupied but I haven't given up! Btw this is unedited so I'll be editing all the bold and stuff later this evening. Happy holidays! Dedication goes to the lovely sugarsweetmiracles since she is the best and made me an awesome cover. You go girl.

Roxane returned shortly after mine and Nicholas's exchange. Having small talk I checked to see the clock nearing 7. The more the time neared, the more my hands got clammy, I felt butterflies, and the more I got clumsy.

Texting Liliana around 6:30 to not wait for me after work I received a reply five minuets later.

Why?

Grimacing at the text I reply.

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I have dinner with an associate.

30 seconds later my phone vibrates again.

;) have fun!

Grinning I see Roxane collecting her things to leave, looking at me peculiarly.

"You aren't gonna go yet?" Shaking my head she raises her brow.

"Mr. Black said I have to get into the system." I lied, nodding she goes toward the elevator. All things in hand.

"See you tomorrow!" She says excitedly before the doors close on her.

Well, 10 minutes left.

After ten minutes I continued to sit patiently for 5 more.

Maybe he doesn't like to be on cue?

After another 5 I began to think maybe he forgot....

A pang in my chest as I remembered I didn't have a ride....

Just give him 5 more minutes.

And that's what I did. Disappointment again.

The later I stay the more late it's going to get. And I'm damn sure not going to come to him.

Collecting my things I go for the elevator, my mind already made up to take the subway, thinking how the hell I'm going to get home in the vast city, only to hear rushed steps toward the door right before they shut.

Looking up I see his golden complexion and green eyes. His eyebrows knit as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, I was on an important call. I was going to tell you-"

"It's fine, I know you're busy. We don't need to have dinner today." I spoke with a much more hostile tone than expected. I shouldn't be mad about it since he was an important figure, but damn, if you have a commitment, keep your word to it. His lips thinned and the doors closed behind the both of us.

Feeling the elevator descending he continued.

"Elizabeth," gripping the handle behind me in the elevator, I loved when he said my first name, hell even when he talked. The proximity between us was small, since the elevator was a closed section. He was close to me which was appealing but yet uncomfortable since I was practically sweating bullets from how nervous I was.

"All my undivided attention is on you now."

He held his phone up and held the power button, when the slide to power off appeared he powered it off.

I didn't know whether to feel happy he turned his phone off or feel selfish.

"My attention shouldn't be as valuable as your company's future."