Chapter 4: New Surroundings.

A/N: So like I put a photo of what I envision my characters to look like, I know that's kind of bad because I don't let you guys imagine but oops. Lol. -WorksofArt

"Alright! You go ahead first and I'll follow you." Liliana directed me, closing the back of her latest car obsession, a cherokee jeep. She went toward the driver side, the hum of the engine sounding through the early June morning. Much gratitude for the weathers compliance as well as yesterday's. I took a swig of ice cold water to help me stay awake for the three hour drive, packing three extra water bottles for the trip as well. It was currently 8 o'clock and I was exhausted even though I went to sleep at 10 p.m. yesterday evening.

Hopping into the drivers seat, I started my engine up seeing Liliana pulling out, making a quick get away into the open road.

I look toward our first home, reminiscing for a few moments on our ups and downs.

On to new beginnings.

-

Following Liliana we arrived at the new complex in approximately 4 hours. Surrounded by the bustling of bodies rushing toward their destination, we open our car doors to a beige small town house. The large red door gave the home feel toward us foreigners in a crazed environment. Liliana took a key out of her pocket, pushing it through the keyhole, revealing a vacant home, the floorboards freshly waxed. The staircase was attached to the left side of the home. In awe I stood in the middle of the room, the home had more size than our other home. The one thing I wish was that the previous owners had thought to paint the inside white. This pea color in the living room was very unflattering, no matter what anyone else says.

The next few hours until finally finishing at 3 o'clock consisted of entering and exiting holding boxes of our belongings. Liliana took a banana out of one of the boxes, my reaction instantly was laughter, which she scolded me by her frown and crease in her brow.

"Banana's are good." She huffed, peeling away the skin with a little too much pressure.

"I wouldn't disagree." I shook my head, unpacking the dishes first of all, then going on to our inflatable mattress, setting the comforter in the living room.

Our furniture wasn't to come until wednesday, so we had to rough it out for a few days.

Liliana threw the skin of the banana in a plastic bag, satisfied with the yellow mush. While putting the air machine on high, I was interrupted by Liliana's tapping on my shoulder. Turning I see her handing me my phone, the screen light up to show my mother was on the line currently. Shutting off the deafening system, I took the phone from Liliana, pressing it close to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Elizabeth! How are you?"

"Eh, I've been better mom. What about yourself?" Shrugging I stood, going toward the kitchen for some sort of privacy.

"I've been good darling. Listen, you don't know how horrible I feel for not going yesterday to your graduation. You know how your father can be."

"Yeah it's fine mom don't even worry about it." I lied.

It's really not fine.

"We'll make it up to you somehow, you know how proud we are of you, you know that right?" Remembering Nicholas's offensive words at that very instant, I swallowed hard giving a unintentional smile.

"Yeah mom, thanks, it means a lot." I sighed, tapping my fingers against the granite top.

"Well mom, I have alot of work to do, we just moved to the new home."

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot. How is work by the way honey?" Biting my lip I looked toward the sinks drain.

Maybe I could sink in there?