Competition

Angst au (I think??)

"Come on Y/n, you can do this!" Jangjun cheered as he fists his hands. Seungmin and Youngtaek were also here to cheer for you as they mouthed a 'fighting'.

"Thanks guys. I don't know what I'll do without you." You said, trying your best to hold back your tears before the competition.

"10 minutes, Ms. Y/F/N!!!" One of the staff yelled as you heaved out a sigh to calm down.

This is it. You finally made it to the final round of the International singing competition. This was your last shot to become a singer and to prove to your parents that there you can achieve this dream of yours. Of course, growing up in a strict Asian doctor's family, your parents never acknowledge your talent and your passion for music. They think it is just a waste of time and you should be focusing on your studies and pursue the family's career in the medical field.

Well, since you're a tough cookie, you made a bet that if you won the international singing competition, they will stop forcing you to get into the medical field. But if you lost, you will let go of your dreams as a singer and obey your parents' wish, thus averting all of your attention to your studies. Which is why you're so desperate to win this last round. 

Your 3 good friends, Jangjun, Seungmin, and Youngtaek (also known as BaeJangTag) were very supportive of your dreams of becoming a singer since the three of them are idol trainees of an entertainment company. They knew your bet against your parents that's why they were always there by your side to cheer for you before you go on stage.

"I'm nervous guys... what if I lost? Then I'll never be on stage again..." You muttered in fear as you fiddled your fingers on your lap.

"Yah! Are you the Y/n I know? Where's the confident Y/F/N?! Where is the beautiful, sunshine, lovely, badass Y/F/N that I know?! Give her back to us-" Jangjun yelled as he grips your shoulders harshly and rocks you back and forth making you a bit dizzy. 

"Yah! Stop it Jangjun! You're gonna give her a headache before her show!" Youngtaek said protectively as he slaps Jangjun's hands away from you, making sure you're still alive of course.

"Don't worry too much Y/n. Just do your best, you'll do great!" Seungmin comforted as he gives you an assuring smile.

"Thanks. I should get going. I'll see you guys later on stage!" You got up and headed towards the door. Before turning the knob, you heard.

"Hey Y/n, Jangjun said he'll treat you for dinner after your show if you won!" Youngtaek yelled as Jangjun widened his eyes, about to tackled Youngtaek for ruining his surprise for you.

"You guys are too much. I'll do my best and get that win for ya'll." You chuckled before leaving the room as you head to the backstage to prepare. 

"You're on live in a few minutes Ms, Y/F/N. Is your mic functional, any nausea or headaches?" One of the crew asked and you shooked your head, remembering that your mic was in good condition during the rehearsal.

"Well then, I wish you all the best Ms. Y/F/N." The crew said before leaving you alone at the side stage. You were feeling a bit nervous compare to the rest of the beginning rounds of the competition, you were lucky to be the top 3 finalists but you knew that the other two were also very talented in singing.

Number 1 contestant is Joshua Hong. He is an amazing singer even if he was born in America. He is such a gentleman and his singing is very beautiful plus he looks handsome as well. As far as you know, he is rumored to be an idol trainee just like BaeJangTag but in a different group of course.

The second contestant is Heo Solji. You were pretty worried about her cause you've heard singing in the previous rounds. She looks almost as professional as the other judges and all she gets are praises and compliments from them. But she was still a sweet person, she once chatted with you when you were backstage. She wanted to be a vocal coach and had won multiple singing competitions when she was in school. Honestly, you had to admit that you were pretty afraid of her cause she's like a vocal queen already.