Candy Bear

"Sorry Y/n, I don't think my boss would allow me to end my shift early." You heard your best friend, Jangjun apologized as you sighed on the other line.

You were having a bad day today. You just got fired from your current job cause you were late as you missed the bus and you had to walked to your workplace on foot, it wasn't the first time you were late for work actually but you kinda knew one day you would get in trouble. Plus, you didn't really like working there either. And to put the icing on top, you left your wallet at home so you couldn't get breakfast or a cup of coffee before you left your place. 

All you had was your phone so you called your best friend, Jangjun in hopes to spend time with him but as you can see. He is busy at the moment. You didn't know what part-time job he took again cause he told you before that he had several and were constantly changing here and there. Talk about getting ice cream. 

In despair, you sat on one of the bench parks as you scroll through your phone. You saw kids running around in the park with their parents and you can't help feeling envy over them. You moved to the city a few years ago to find a better job but so far, nothing seems to be stable at the moment for you. 

You thought if you could earn enough money this year, you'll go back and visit your parents but guess that goal seems too far to achieve yet. 

"Eomma... Appa... I'm sorry..." You muttered as you decided to contact your parents on how devastating your day was. You just wanted some comfort at the moment even though you didn't want your parents to get all anxious about you. But just as you heard the ringing of the phone line, your phone battery ran out of juice. 

You groaned and curse at your phone before stuffing it in your back pocket. What are you gonna do now? How are you gonna get home? You can't take the bus nor hail a cab since you had no money. Walking is fine but you remind yourself that you were wearing heels and your feet had been sore since this early morning when you decided to walk to your workplace, only to hear your boss yelling 'You're fired!' in front of your ex-colleagues.  

"What am I gonna do..." You sighed in frustrations as you held your head down between your knees. 

"Unnie!" You heard a little girl called out in front of you. You raise your head facing the little girl with her cute pigtails.

"W-What is it? I-Is something wrong?" You asked as you forced yourself to smile at the girl. You don't want anyone to know that you are currently having a bad day. 

"H-Here's a lollipop for you unnie!" She giggled as she handed me an extra lollipop she held behind her while she was sucking one in her mouth.

I smiled as I thanked her before grabbing the lollipop from her hands. She wanted to tear the wrapper for me but she struggled and ended up asking me to unwrap the candy myself.

"Where are your parents, little girl?" You questioned at her while she was still busy fiddling her fingers.

"Mama and Appa are at work. I came with my Samchon (uncle)!" She said as she pointed a direction with her tiny fingers.

You saw her pointing at a bear mascot who was busy giving out flyers and some candies to the children at a corner. 

"That's your samchon?" She nodded excitedly.

"You were crying. Samchon said candies make you happy so he asked me to give you one to cheer up." She explained as she continues to suck on her lollipop.

You smiled as you look at the candy in your hand. You remember someone familiar who use to say that all the time when you were down and would offer you candy to keep your chin up. 

You glance at the bear mascot who was coincidentally also looking at you but he showed a big reaction to make you smile as he resumes his job. You let out a chuckle as you saw him sitting down on one of the benches.