Chapter 22- Home

James drove fast at 60 trying to get Maddie the comforts of home as soon as possible..

Although the home she had for so long was taken away she still had something to hold onto. Where James was that was home. But now that home too seemed disrupted and confused.

Jim pulled into the garage of Lee's house where Jim had been residing for a very long time.

James turned behind as he stop the car to see Maddie fast asleep. He felt like he saw his small Madeleine again; innocent, pure and beautiful.

He didn't even have the heart to awaken her seeing her so sound asleep.

He let out a deep breath and then shook her slightly calling out her name.

She opened her eyes with a flicker. They were still red as if she had been awake for days and had been crying for hours which she now finally wasn't.

"We're home."he said with a smile.

She looked out of the window seeing the inside of the garage.

"Lee's? Why are we at Lee's..she won't let me stay or whatever. As if I even want to."she mumbled the last line but Jim heard it.

"So would you rather be at Arkham or in a jail cell?"

"I'd rather be dead then anywhere."

"Come on honey..let's get going okay, I'll give you something to eat and then you can sleep."

Maddie didn't answer,she just looked at Jim blankly as she was tired out of her mind.

She looked down at her hands again.

"You can bathe too first."Jim said noticing her.

The two finally got out of the car and just then Jim got a call from GCPD.

"Jim. Have you got her in?"asked an official.

"Yes. She is in and is currently getting settled."

"Any trouble on the way?"

"Non at all sir"

"Good good..let me know when you leave and report here immediately. A new commissioner has been assigned to the police department."the call was then hung up.

Harvey also called him informing that everything is done on his end..

Maddie entered and smelled the familiar scent of the house. Although she didn't want to be here she couldn't help but feel relieved. The problem was that she didn't know where she belonged..the only thing she knew was that she wanted to be let free,beside Jerome, having him as a partner in crime was the best thing that had ever happened to her. The rush of energy she felt, the thrill always got her smiling.

"Go,take a bath okay,you'll feel better maybe " James said as he went over to the kitchen after closing the door behind them to have a glass of water for himself.

Maddie switched on the water to fill up the tub and added some soap in it for bubbles, a habit she had since forever.

She sat inside the tub when it half filled up and started scrubbing off the blood from her hands. She tried so hard to get it off that her hand turned completely red and had scratches and bumps all over it and even wounds where her nails dug in too deep.

She kept getting flashbacks after flashbacks of when she found comfort in Jerome, when she didn't feel like a caged bird crying for help and belonging.

Maddie knew for a fact that her dad was probably gonna shove medicines down her throat one way or the other and she had already made her mind up to just give up. What was she supposed to even do now.

After the warm bath she ate some food then went to sleep.

She got a whole room to herself which looked as normal as any room could ever look.

Finally she was completely alone either nothing but herself. Finally she could let out all the tears she was holding back so there they came flooding out of her eyes along with heavy and hitched breaths.

She knew how Jim was gonna put her back on that same boring scheduled excluding the school part of it. How he was gonna force down the medicines and hide her from the entire world for 'her own good'.

She hated how this time she had no way to escape all this except dying. Nobody could save her now,nothing could be done.

 A/N ( Hiii so i hope you guys liked the chap..I'm so sorry to be updating so slowly but i just don't have the time and I'm occupied with another book too which is 'Reddie' from the movie 'IT' fan fic...Its truly awesome. Check it out on this account:)

BYE THENNNNN !!!!