Chapter 24- Skies are overrated

"Why is this world so fucked up?"Asked Madeleine sounding utterly exhausted.

"it's not the world Mads..it's the people who are fucked up."Jerome answered as he reached out for her hand and intertwined their fingers.

They lay on the ground in silence for over 2 minutes when Jerome spoke again.

"When I was 5 my brother and I-"

"Wait you have a brother?"Maddie turned around immediately to face the red head.

"Well he was a friend but was like a brother..still a dick though" Jerome lied as he cursed himself in his mind for letting that slip.

"So him and I had this thing where we sat on top of our caravan and just stared at the sky forever and tried counting each and every star we could see, just to see how long our 'friendship' would last, and then came a night when there were no stars at all..not even the moon and the night was completely dark as if I had my eyes closed. It was the same day he turned on me and thought I didn't know.."Jerome sounded thoughtful and completely unlike himself. It was the same every time the two were together.

"Wow..I have no idea what to make of this but...thanks for telling me I guess. Ya know cause you barely ever tell me about your past."

"Well cause it's useless,why to live in the past when the present is so fucking good..I mean what a feeling to be right here beside you! Almost like being a King to the Queen"

Maddie chuckled at his usual 'extra-ness'.

"Skies are overrated. Nothing but darkness giving us hopes of a better tomorrow which is actually just worse."Jerome said.

"Have I ever told you how surprising you are to me carrot top?"

Jerome laughed and so did Maddie at his adorable and very rare smile(as it was more genuine and true)..

"Aaah you never fail to amaze me myself either, My Queen.."

The roof of Galavan's house was fiercely cold this night. Just like she felt Jerome's heart to be the first time they actually met each other's real selves.
She recalled that day as they lay on the ground in silence. His innocent face worried about where his mom had 'disappeared',the fake look of his excruciating sorrow seeing his mother dead, the tears slipping down his face, the sympathy she herself felt and in about 2 days her entire outlook of him changed in seconds. 

"You scared me that day dumbass"Maddie blurted out without thinking.

"when?"

"the time you told dad those things...about me"she said closing her eyes tightly.

"you know that I would never ever hurt you right, I said those 'things' just to scare Jimmmy..you mean too much now, I cant even imagine losing you"

----------------0-------------------------0-----------------------0-----------------------0-------------------0--------------

Madeleine missed everything about that idiot. She hated herself for not saying those three words when she actually had him.

What hurt the most was the way people saw him, he was broken and empty and people never saw it the way he actually was.

She wondered how long it would be untill she could fix her own heart..probably never.

A/N

(Im so so so SOOOO sorry that im taking so freaking long to update. I really need motivation!! and TIME! so if i keep having lack of those two tings then I might just drop this..or if somebody likes then you cantake my story and continue it as your own)

so BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE