Fragile Strength

(Me: -casually writing- lmao what if Ladonia could be an electric boy. Oh wait I can make him an electric boy)
[Extra A/N: hated having to write the ending I wonder if that shows.]

It was really sudden– for Ladonia that is. A rather large part of himself suspects that perhaps his uncle, Norway, mightve known about this strange power of his.

To be honest, Ladonia can't quite remember how these abilities first revealed themselves; he assumes that maybe it was a forgettable memory. Though, ever since they revealed themselves, Norway has been keeping a constant watchful eye over him. To the others it mustve seemed like Norway babying him, but to Ladonia it felt far worse. It was like a creeping fear; what if his abilities were too powerful for him to properly manage? While Norway loved redirecting his attention to other matters, he cannot help but constantly feel as if he is just a tick away from ending someone's life by complete accident. A neverending all-consuming feeling of being dangerous to his– albeit he'd never admit it– loved ones. If Ladonia knew that came with having powers no other nation of his kind had then he would have done everything in his ability to make sure he didnt gain them.

Sometimes he liked to experiment with his powers, creeping outside under the cover of night to a secluded part of the town he lived in in order to see what he was capable of. Of course, he never got too carried away with testing out his limits; he didn't want to cause too much damage to his environment ot himself. Could he hurt himself using it? He didn't know; he didnt know much of anything about this. This brought a sad smile to his lips as his fiddled with his pen in class; this was his power and yet he knew next to nothing about it. All he knew was that he was dangerous and if he isnt careful then... bad things would happen.

A sharp ringing struck his ears, causing him to jump. The rest of the students around him were packing up their bags and leaving the classroom, giving him certainty that it was the end of school. Packing up his bag and heaving it over his shoulder, Ladonia got out of his chair and left the classroom. His eyes flickered to the clock for a split moment, seeing that it was just a little after 3:10pm. Didn't he have a micronation 'meeting' to attend in an hour? Personally, he was much rather looking fowards to playing Minecraft instead, but this is his responsibility and he will live up to the standards it places on him.

Thunder roared its call across the stormy sky, flashes of lightning falling from the sky to meet earth's surface before dissappearing just as fast as it had made it's presence known. Ladonia did not enjoy these types of days. Not because the thunder and lightning was scary however; after a while of having lightning based powers you get used to hearing and seeing all aspects of it after a while. The only reason he hated these days is because he finds that controlling his abilities gets so much harder. If the constant jerking and twitching of veins under his skin wasnt enough to bother him, then the feeling of electricity trying to force its way out of him did the trick. Did the trick well it has, seeing as Ladonia was barely resisting the urge to let loose all of the chaotic energy building up inside of him.

Should he tell Norway about this?

Ladonia decides that he can handle something as small as an energy spike on his own. He didnt need Norway to help him; he was capable of containing it on his own. All he needed to do was make sure nothing irked him too badly or keep his emotions in check incase someone attempted to get a rise out of him. Wait, didn't Norway gift him a car battery a few months ago on his birthday incase he needed to store a bit of energy? He could just use that instead. It could get rid of some of the tension building up in him; Papa always told him that having tension go untreated for too long could make him snap and do something he would regret. Ladonia doesn't want to do something he might end up regretting. That is something not on his check-list nor bucketlist and he does not plan on adding it on there anytime soon.