Chapter Five

NOTE: This one will be a little shorter than the rest (maybe), I'm just so motivated to write and didn't want the last chapter to be too long. ♡

       ———————————————————————

Weeks had gone by of Sarah following the same routine; feeding Lucien false information about the Mikaelsons while exposing his plans to Elijah. It wasn't all too bad, especially not after Elijah had softened up to her, and began trusting her with more personal details about him.

She never would've guessed that in over a thousand years, he'd only ever been in love twice. That was two more than Sarah had ever been, which was of course something that she'd told Elijah as well. He seemed to find it fascinating.

"Elijah?" Sarah called putting as she entered the compound. Her eyes widened when she saw the mess, furniture broken into pieces and scattered all around.

"Elijah?!"

Rushing upstairs to his room, she quickly pushed the door open to see Elijah sitting at the edge of his bed, his clothes slightly torn up, blood all over the no doubt expensive fabric. Sarah slowly approached him, frowning more with each step she took.

"What happened?"

"Niklaus and I got into a bit of a.. disagreement," Elijah explained, continuing to bandage his arm where his brother had bit him. "I do wish he'd refrain from biting me to claim victory."

"You need his blood, don't you? Why don't I go get some and teach him a lesson? Sounds like a plan to me."

Shaking his head, Elijah quickly reaches out to take Sarah by the wrist and pull her in closer. "It's best to avoid him and allow his rage to dissipate. I've been looking forward to your visit, stay with me?"

".. Just because I'm agreeing doesn't mean I'm any less pissed at Klaus." Sarah steps closer, taking a seat on the bed beside Elijah. "Does it hurt?"

"It's tolerable." As Elijah spoke, he reached down to carefully take hold of Sarah's hand. "I'm only worried about scaring you away once the hallucinations begin."

"I'm not easily scared. You're just underestimating me," she teased, her thumb running along the back of his hand. "I have a suggestion that you'll probably hate.. but maybe you'd feel a little better and be able to hold off the hallucinations for a bit longer if... if you fed on me."

"Absolutely not."

"I trust you, Elijah. I mean that. You won't hurt me." Sarah used her free hand to move all of her hair to one side of her neck before tilting her head to the side.

Elijah's hold on Sarah's hand tightened as he pulled in a deep breath through his nose. "You have far too much faith in me." He hesitantly rested a hand over the side of Sarah's neck to swiftly pull her closer to him, their faces close enough to one another that they were able to share a single breath.

His gaze momentarily fell down to her lips, though he forced himself to look away just as quickly, and focused his attention on her neck. "Say the word and I'll stop."

He'd then lean in closer, his lips brushing a gentle kiss to her soft skin. His fangs sink into her neck moments later, one of his hands dropping down to her hip, pulling her body in closer to his own.

Sarah shut her eyes as she gasped softly, her arms wrapping around his shoulders. How was Elijah able to make being fed on feel so romantic?

When Elijah pulled away after a few blissful moments, he was quickly biting into his wrist and offering his blood to her, only for Sarah to shake her head and refuse it.

"It doesn't hurt too badly, it's okay. Besides, I could literally die at any moment knowing Lucien and I'd rather not come back if I do."

"Lucien won't lay a hand on you, I swear it."

".. I believe you. It's just impossible not to worry. And there's so much I haven't had the chance to do yet."

Elijah was clearly about to question her, so before he got the chance to get the words out, Sarah leans in before he could stop her, their lips meeting after what had felt like an eternity.

This time, Elijah allowed it to happen. He swiftly pulled Sarah up and off of the bed, only to press her back down against the mattress, pinning her down with his own body. His impulses and desire had clearly gotten the better of him, and so Elijah was moving off of her, turning his back to her as he took a few steps away.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I haven't been entirely honest with you. There's something you should know, Sarah."