Chapter Twenty Two: Hello, Old Friend

NOTE: I don't have much to say here, I just hope everyone enjoys this one!!

————————————————————

"Any luck, Freya?" Sarah asked as she stepped into Freya's room. Freya had been hard at work trying to figure out how to undo the hex that Sarah claimed was placed on Elijah, which of course had been a lie.

Truthfully, Sarah hadn't been expecting his siblings to believe her so easily. It's a miracle what a few fake tears and manipulation could do.

"How certain are you that he was hexed?" Freya asked, sighing quietly. "I can't anything, not a mark.. nothing."

"Hexes don't always leave a mark behind, not if the witch knows what she's doing," Sarah said. "I miss Elijah too, Freya... but leaving him daggered is the safest thing for us to do."

Freya gave a hesitant nod in response. "How are you holding up, Sarah?" She asked.

Better than I've ever been, Sarah thought to herself. Sneaking around each and every night to feed on as many people as she pleased had Sarah feeling more alive than she ever had before.

"I'm hanging in there," Sarah eventually replied. She smiled at Freya just before leaving the room.

Klaus and Rebekah had left the compound to take Caroline to the hospital after her water broke a few hours ago, and of course Kol was off doing his own thing.

Sarah eventually walked into one of the other rooms of the compound, walking up to the coffin that'd been placed in the middle of it and pulling the top up to reveal Elijah's body.

"Oh, good. You're still here."

Sarah leaned down, kissing Elijah's forehead. "I'm a little early today, I know. I'm just.. bored." Her hands came up from her sides and began straightening Elijah's tie.

"Was that insensitive of me? I mean.. you're the one stuck in this box. But that's your own fault, handsome. You can blame your siblings too. Either they really didn't want you around, or they're just that gullible to believe me."

"What did you do to him?" Freya questioned in disbelief.

"Oops," Sarah mumbled, turning away from Elijah to face Freya. "Any chance I could convince you to forget what you heard?" When Sarah noticed Freya attempting to attack her with a spell, she sighed. "I guess not."

Before Freya had the chance to do anything, Sarah was appearing in front of her, grabbing her by the throat and throwing her across the room. By the time Freya willed herself to stand, Sarah had vanished. But that didn't matter, she has to free Elijah from his daggered state.

Freya walks up to the coffin, her fingers curling around the dagger in Elijah's chest and pulling it out.

"I'm so sorry, brother. I should've known.."