5. Lean On Others

Wonwoo arrived in his chamber and was not surprised to see that the lamps all over the place are lit

Wonwoo arrived in his chamber and was not surprised to see that the lamps all over the place are lit. He carefully placed his satchel bag at the counter by the hall and walked through the sitting room and into the kitchen.

"You're upset."

Wonwoo paused on his track to see his mate, Mingyu, leaning by the sink counter, arms across his chest while looking at him with his head slightly falling to the side. Wonwoo knows what Mingyu is talking about. Wonwoo's heart has been racing like crazy, adding the fact that his chest is feeling heavy too. It's exactly a perfect description of him being upset.

Mingyu can smell that from miles away. The bond has formed, after all.

"I'm alright." Wonwoo managed to respond. "I was just running on my way here." Lies. Wonwoo winced mentally. Just what does he expect from lying now? Obviously, Mingyu could tell.

Mingyu released his arms and walked towards his mate. His lips in a thin line as he reached for the other male. He caressed him by the nape as he sighed exasperatedly. "The dinner is ready. We should eat."

Wonwoo didn't respond, rather he groaned at the situation. He knows Mingyu knows and the latter is just letting it slide. It makes it the more annoying.

"Come on," Mingyu gestured at the table where the dinner has been set and ready just like most of the nights (and breakfast in the morning) lately. He noticed the unresponsiveness of the other male so he took his thin wrist and escorted him to the table, "We can talk about what upsets you after dinner."

Wonwoo looked up at his mate's eyes for a full minute, easing his tensing veins all over his body due to the strain he has to put up just to perfect his Nether disguise whenever he is outside his chamber. Looking at Mingyu's eyes has become his comfort, the pair of beautiful huge eyes that can see through him and accept him the same time.

"You know you can trust me, babe." Mingyu pulled a chair for Wonwoo who silently took it. He leaned in and left a soft kiss on those gorgeous lips before taking the chair at the other side of the table.

Wonwoo sighed, still a little taken aback by the sudden yet habitual gestures of Mingyu. Mingyu's kisses have always given him the effect he wanted. It can be sweet, comforting or sexy if he wanted to. I don't know which one is my favorite. Wonwoo thought.

"I see, you're not that upset anymore." Mingyu laughs, his cute canine teeth showing. There's still that face of youth in him whenever he smiles.

Wonwoo snorted, "You got to stop feeding on my thoughts. You Nethers are scary."

Mingyu chuckled and pushed the food towards Wonwoo. "Eat." He said and nodded when Wonwoo finally started eating. He then continued, "I don't know how it works for other Nethers. My bloodline is a little different."

Wonwoo paused on chewing on his dinner of which he thought is another spectacular meal. He could definitely gain an extra pound in a short time if Mingyu keeps on feeding him a gorgeous meal every single time. When he cleared his mouth, he asked, "What do you mean?"