39. Closing In

Chan inched closer to the bed, his hand trembling as he holds on the syringe

Chan inched closer to the bed, his hand trembling as he holds on the syringe. He has now finally had a close look at what has become his Jeonghan-hyung. His chest started to ache because in this person tied to the bed he can't find a trace of the said male. "Jeonghannie-hyung..." He choked.

"Channie, I'll do it." Jisoo stood beside the youngest but bravely as he sounded, he wasn't as much. It breaks him to see Jeonghan like this.

"No," Seungcheol appeared beside the bed, "This is my doing, let me fix it." There was desperation in there and the other three understood where he is coming from. This is something Seungcheol must do himself and they're not about to go against that.

Seungcheol, among all the foolishness he has done, is also one of the pitiful ones to have fallen victim to his Household traditions. He is right, this is something he must do. He must see through it that he shares Jeonghan's pain until the very end –that he didn't leave Jeonghan's side in his lowest.

Chan gave the syringe to Seungcheol. "You have to inject it on the side of his neck. And don't stop until you finish the shot." He reminded as he stepped back, allowing Seungcheol nearer to the bed.

Seungcheol nodded, bending over just enough for him to reach Jeonghan's arm. He inhaled, encouraging himself to quickly finish it. With shaking hands, he held Jeonghan's shoulder who started thrashing once again, hissing spitefully at Seungcheol's touch. "Shh, it's okay." He whispered as the needle penetrated the darkening skin of Jeonghan's neck.

Jeonghan broke into a glass-shattering scream, gray tears pouring out his hallowed eyes, and the hands which are tied down are grasping into the sheets. It's obvious, the injection is torturing him in the process.

"S...sorry." Seungcheol whimpered, his thumb hasn't even pushed onto the pump yet and Jeonghan's reaction already made him break, apologetic. Does he have the strength to continue this?

"Hyung, please don't hesitate..." Seokmin mumbled, "Do it." He said, his hands covering his ears, trying to filter Jeonghan's scream. It's frightening and sad.

"Jeong...han..." Jisoo kneeled beside the bed, then gathered Jeonghan's thrashing hands in between his hands. He hissed in pain a split second after as he felt Jeonghan's fingernails cutting into his skin but he doesn't care because Jeonghan is evidently in more pain than he will ever be, in this lifetime. "....please... you can do this..." He cried softly.

"Jeonghan, dammit, please come back to us... to me."

-

Jeonghan is tired of fighting. His sword that has broken in half is covered with black rotten flesh and blood of these monsters. What do they want from him? These soulless beings have always been around, watching his every move for the past years but suddenly, two months ago, one by one they started attacking him...dragging him away... away from the light that was his life.