13. The Stranger and the News

Kim Household

Kim Household

Mingyu (4)

Mingyu is the youngest heir of the Chief family of Kim Household, a fine clan of the Nethers. He is the third in the line of the Kim Household. He was brought up with these thoughts drilled in his mind- he was educated, dressed and treated as one.

The man of the Kim Household is their birth mother, Kim Heechul, who is known as a man of free will. Heechul is never the one to listen to anybody and often seen breaking the norm. So, this isn't much of a surprise to mother three dominant sons in the family with different fathers.

The first son, Mingyu's oldest brother, Kim Jongin, is fathered by Choi Siwon (a cousin of Hansol's father). Choi Siwon has become the primary mate of Heechul with this union through Choi's typical ways of preserving Nether pureblood.

Although, as said, Heechul is a man of his own free will. So, that didn't really stop him from taking a partner of his own choice –his longtime lover, Han Geng. Hence, the second son, Junhui was born into the Kim Household.

The third son, that is Mingyu, is a mystery. Heechul has not said so much about Mingyu's father nor anyone ever knowing who fathered him. Heechul was ever adamant too to keep his silence.

Despite that, Heechul had raised his three kids with pure love—equal and bright. For some people, Heechul might come off rather careless and irrational but in the Household, he is the key factor that keeps the Household a perfect place for his children.

All his three children adore their mother and have grown up to appreciate this fact...so none of them has ever question how complicated their family tree was.

The siblings love each other.

-

Mingyu felt the sweet chilly air against his face, his hair whipping gracefully all over the place as he giggled. He tightened his grip around his older brother's shoulders as he screamed, "Jongin hyung...hurry! Junhui hyung will catch us!" Mingyu laughed even more as he turned around and found his second brother, Junhui, playfully running after them.

"Hold on tightly, Mingyu ah..." Jongin raggedly said as he went full speed, running across the meadow, laughing as he pulls on his strength, his demon eyes turned into auburn hue. "Junnie will never get us—oops!"

"Kya— hyung!" Mingyu screamed as he felt his small body thrown in the air for a short moment before arms grabbed a hold of him, breaking his fall. He opened his eyes he didn't notice he had closed because he got so damn scared. He landed on Jongin's slightly bigger body while Junhui managed to grab him just upright to not completely crush their oldest brother.

"Are you okay, Mingyu ah?" Junhui asked as he helped the youngest get off their oldest who seemed to take the fall rather badly. "Jongin hyung, are you okay?"

Jongin wrinkled his nose as he groaned to sit up. He grinned foolishly as he said. "You caught us, Junnie ah." To which Junhui felt flustered about.