Chapter Four

Animals roamed freely amongst themselves, each sanctuary being slowly broken into. Puddle's of blood stained the floor where the bodies of dead and dying zoo keeper's were put to rest. Gorilla Grodd laughed with satisfaction as he looked around and saw an entire zoo filled with animals that where under his control.

Raven knelt down and touched a zoo keeper's face, then touched his neck to check for a pulse. "He's dead." She said with anger in her voice, she looked around and came to a horrible realization. "They're all dead. He made sure they would all suffer." She said in disgust, pulling her hood over her head, trying not to cry. "We need to keep looking team, he has to be around here somewhere." Robin said, walking towards the middle of the yard when they were suddenly surrounded. The zoo animals moved in from all side's, they're eyes glowed red, foam coming out of their mouth, they were walking as if they didn't have control over their own bodies. "Look no longer, Robin." Gorilla Grodd said with a very satisfied smile, walking to the front of the crowd of animal's. Each Titan had their back's towards one another and braced themselves. Gorilla Grodd screamed at the top of his lung's, raised his fist in the air, and charged, his army of angry animals following close after.

All throughout the city, communicators were going off. Some heroes answered it, other's did not. Batgirl, Kid Flash, Bumblebee, Speedy, and Geo-Force answered the call.

"Poor Garfield, you really think you and your little friend's can stop me?" Gorilla Grodd taunted as he pined Beast Boy against the wall. Beast Boy kneed the gorilla in the gut, he howled out in pain as he loosened his grip. Beast Boy took advantage of this and punched him in the face with as much force as he could conjure up. Gorilla Grodd's head flew back violently, he stumbled back, hitting his head against a brick wall. Beast Boy turned into a bull and charged. Gorilla Grodd snapped out of his daze, grabbed ahold of the bull's horns and tried to over power it. The bull quickly changed back into Beast Boy who spin kicked the gorilla in the face, sending him flying to the metal door of an animal sanctuary.

"Oh please be the good kitty..." Starfire said in a shaky voice as an adult tiger was cornering her. The tiger moved slowly, almost against it's will. "Please, I wish you no harm. I only wish to help you." Starfire said trying her best to stay calm. For a spilt second the tiger's eye's turned normal, no longer a glowing red. It tilted it's head, as if trying to remember what it was doing out of it's sanctuary. The tiger had been shocked, the poor thing howled out in pain as bolts of electricity ran up it's body, and it's eye's quickly glowed red once again. It charged at Starfire, who let out a blood hurtling scream and tried to shield herself. "Starfire!" Robin yelled, he ran as fast as he could, but it was pointless, he was too far to save her. Two red arrow's flew down from the sky, hitting the tiger perfectly in the neck. Starfire was tackled out of the way of the tiger, and landed safely in someone's arm's. She looked up and saw a brown haired boy with a perfectly structured face and an amazing smile looking down at her. He helped her to her feet, walked over to the tiger and removed his arrow's. "The creature is not dead... Is it?" She said kneeling down and petting the tiger with affection. "No, just asleep. I shot it with two tranquilizing arrow's." He said with a soft and kind voice, holding out his hand. Starfire smiled at him and took it. "My name's Roy. And you are?" He said smiling awkwardly and rubbing his hands together. "My name is Koriander, but on this planet I am called Starfire." She said, sweetly smiling at Roy. There was an awkward silence as both teen's were trying to find the right word's to say. "Thank you for rescuing me." She said softly. "Ahh, don't sweat it." Roy said smiling at red head who made his heart skip a beat.

"Have you figured out what's controlling these animal's?" Robin asked keeping gaurd over his team mate, trying to keep his cool. How dare Starfire flirt with someone else during a mission! "Nothing in they're blood flow, they seem to be perfectly fine except for the fact that they have demon eye's and foam coming out of their mouth." He said looking down at his monitor. An angry group of zebra's was charging at both Titans, when a yellow metal ball flew at them. A green gas filled the air around them, and they instantly feel to the ground. Batgirl flew in next to Robin. "Miss me boy blunder?" She said winking at Robin, who kept his attention on the animals.