Chapter 9

'What have I done?'
'I thought I was finally in control of my powers.'
'All those hours spent practicing, over and over again, all thrown down the drain!'
Her mind flooded with more thoughts similar to these. The memory seemed to be stuck on repeat, playing over and over again, like a never ending nightmare. Everyone's terrified expression's, the shocked gaspes, the judgemental eye's. She felt herself start to panic, losing more and more control of herself mentally as well as emotionally. She felt alone in the battle between herself and her emotions, with no outside help it was almost impossible to fight the urge to give into her inner demonic thoughts; she felt herself drowning in the dark sea of her mind, struggling for air and clarity along the way.

"Haha, what a freak man!" Ravanger laughed. "She is not the 'freak' she is our friend, to us, you are the freak with daddy problems." Starfire said aggressively, her hair flickering, her eyes turning brighter. "Excuse me? You know nothing about me. Maybe you're friends with that gothic bitch because you're a freak of nature too!" Ravanger shouted. "Raven and I are not the 'freaks of nature'." Starfire said. "You're a tall orange freal with no eyes, and she's a creepy emotionless bitch with a gemstone in the middle of her fucking forehead." Ravanger taunted. "I have eyes, I can see perfectly. I am not from this world, I am from Tamaran, and I am average height for a warrior. Raven was born with the knowledge that expressing her emotions can be very dangerous to not only herself but everyone around her. She may come off a bit heartless and I may come off as an air head, but we are far from any of your assumptions. You mock us for being different, but you are the weirdest person in this room." Starfire. "How am I the weirdest?" Ravanger said in a deathly voice, moving closer to Starfire who stood her ground and looked down at Ravanger, never breaking eye contact. "You were born average, you had a family. You had everything a kid could have ever wanted, but you were never happy with any of it. You admired your father, as many little girls do, but you became obsessed with pleasing him. You worked harder than any of his other kids, but he never noticed you, for the simple fact that you were not born a boy. You decided you would do anything to earn his respect, so you stabbed out your own eye. . . And in the end, Deathstroke still was not happy with you." Starfire said. Everybody's eyes fell on Ravanger, looking at her, trying to see the resemblance between her and Slade. She looked at Starfire and whipped out her sword, she leaped towards the Tamaranen. Starfire's eyes glowed a bright green, her hands suddenly became engulfed in a bright green ball of fire. She blasted Ravangers sword, but Ravanger was too quick. She pulled out a dagger and stabbed Starfire in the hip, ripping part of her outfit. Starfire grabbed Ravanger and launched her across the room, she struggled to get up but Starfire never gave her the opportunity; she pounced ontop of her and started bashing her face in with not nearly as much force as she would have liked to use. "Star! Let her go!" Cyborg yelled as her tried to pull Starfire off the badly beaten girl. Ravanger stayed there, laying motionless on the floor. "Is she dead?" Kid Flash asked timidly. "Sadly, she is not. Just knocked out for now." Starfire said, flicking her fiery hair and walking out of the main room. "So far, pretty bad ass first day!" Kid yelled, arms up in the air and smiling at everybody.

"Starfire! What the hell was all of that back there?" Robin yelled, barging into Starfire's plush pink room. "Raven has stood up for me and saved my life many times, when she cannot defend herself I will. She is family." She said, looking up at Robin with her big green eyes. "That's very admirable, but you can't just go around hurting people." Robin said. "Why not? That's what we do for a living, hurt those who intend to hurt others; Ravanger intended to hurt Raven so I hurt her." She said with a calm voice. "You know, a lot of people think you're an air head. . . But you're not, you're so much more than that. You're amazing to me." Robin said smiling down at her. "That means everything coming from you Robin. . . I too think you ar-" she was interrupted by a loud crashing sound. "Shit! Not another fucking fight!" Robin said running out of her room, Starfire following close behind.