12

The sun was just rising by the time Fletcher woke up. Judging from the buzzing outside his room, he could tell his mother and sister were already at work. He started his day by checking his link with Athena, making sure everything was as per usual outside his walls. As he stood up he realised he slept good, he really did. It was a good thing his room was on the second floor because as soon as he exited the room, he could make out the scene. It wasn't much different from last night. Servants rushing up and down the stairs once again, however, this time they weren't carrying clothes of yesterdays sort. Instead, there were a range of weapons on the living room table, form hunting knives to battle axes, all types of colours too adorn them with too. To Fletcher's surprise, Octavia stood in front of the curved twin daggers, she palmed them as soon as she got them, quickly giving a trial swipe with them, by the looks of it, she liked them. Almost as soon as Octavia picked the daggers Genevieve entered the room.

'The Thosagers have arrived my lady' Said the girl. The dwarves were escorted in by a single guard. Fletcher's eyes lit up as soon as he saw Briss and Uhterd Thosager, followed by two whole carts of goods.

'Welcome to Raleigshire' Said his mother instructing for them to unload.

'We have brought what you asked' Said the male, winking towards Octavia.

As they unpacked Fletcher noticed the range of weapons coming from Utherd's cart and the range of clothes inside Briss' cart. The hellos were quick, it was almost 10 am.

Fletcher observed in awe as the girl's battle outfit was the same as Fletcher's during his mission with the orcs, only difference was the sloths for the two daggers, other than that, everything was the exact same, including the Khopesh Sword. Only addition was a feather shaped hair pin.

'This one is for you to carry, always.' Said Uhterd. The girl made to grab it.

'Careful now.' Said the dwarf as he clicked on the stem of the feather as one would a pen. A needle came out the tip.

'When introduced on to a person's skin, it expels a very potent venom, there is enough for two rounds but that's it.' The dwarf looked at Fletcher 'Come down here boy, we have one of these for you too.' And so Fletcher went downstairs. It wasn't a hair pin, instead it was an earing. It had a black stone on it of some sort, but that wasn't important. They were about to pierce his ear.

'Pick an ear' Said his mother, it was that moment that Fletcher noticed the exact same hairpin on Octavia's hands was already on his mother's head.

'Left' Said Fletcher. And so it was done, it didn't even hurt to Fletcher's surprise. He had been hit by worst after all.

'Okay everybody, go get dressed, we shall arrive as one to the party' Said his mother as Octavia finished making her decitions.

Fletcher decided to go for a walk for a moment. Octavia was still yet to pack so he knew he had time, and he would like to spend as little time as possible in that uncomfortable suit. As he pushed the doors open, it revealed the green front yard of the mansion, the beautiful view was then followed by the Tens of houses all over the town. As Fletcher made his was towards the centre of the town, Athena decided to follow him from the skies.

It was nice seeing such a happy town with the new structure. The town was divided into sections, the blacksmiths on one side, the religious on another corner, warriors on another side and so on. Fletcher liked this structure as it allowed him to know where exactly he would find what, there was no need to go around the whole town just to find a blacksmith. Finally arriving at the centre, he sat next to the memorial statue that was situated there. He often wondered what it would have been like if everyone had survived the war. How different Atilla would be. He kneeled there for a while, now sure of what he was expecting from the world. He just knew his next mission would be a world changer.

He made his way back to the mansion in a hurry, stamina suddenly rushing to his blood, filling up his whole body, he dashed passed the houses he had admired on this way there, he could feel as his lungs filled up with oxygen, in and out. His legs worked in coordination with his heart, not missing a single beat. He had to use all his strength to stop himself from crashing his face first into the walls of the mansion.

He rushed to his bath, inside his chamber, it was a quick but relaxing shower, after all, everyone had already finished showering and were already getting dressed. As Fletcher exited the bathroom he noticed the black Tux that was brought to him, and standing next to the clothing was a servant. The man motioned for Fletcher to grab the clothes. So he did.

'I am only here to do your hair and fix your face' Said the servant

Fletcher hurried to accommodate his body to the tight clothes, one look in the mirror and he knew it wasn't going to work. The servant noticed this too. He removed the blazer from the boy and added some white clip on straps to tie his pants from front to back, he changed his tie for a white ribbon instead which made perfect contrast with the rest of his all black clothes. The fur coat was the only thing that was needed to finish the look, each white hair had a black tip which made his look stand out. The servant then got to work. The hair was simple, he roughened it out a bit, making for a messy but styled hairstyle, added hairspray for it to set and that was that. Fletcher opted for only one ring on each hand, a white and a black ring, symbolising the harmony within his family.

Fletcher was ready.

As he stepped outside he noticed; his family was ready too.

Inside the cart on their way to corcillum Fletcher started to think of what was about to happen. His alliance with the Pashas and the Saladins. He would be introduced to all the different noble houses, to this year's first year nobles, after all, there were a lot more noble houses with adept children. He wondered how Octavia felt. The elves would be there, and so would Sylva, so would Verity.

The ride went fast as Fletcher focused on his thoughts and nothing else. The city suddenly coming into view, with each meter the castle made it's appearance. Its walls suddenly seemed intimidating, it seemed bigger than it did just a couple of days ago, a lot more pressing.

'Remember kids, who are we?' Asked his mother

'The Raleighs' Answered Octavia.

'Now don't ever forget that. We are second only to the Royal family. We will not show mercy towards anyone that does us wrong. Any of us wrong.' His mother's words were convincing. 'We are not your average noble family either. Our bloodline is immune to a level 13 daemon's sting, we are blessed with the second highest summoning level amongst nobles, second only to our allies, the Saladins. However in a full blown battle the chances of us winning are high. We are the survivors of the tyranny from other noble houses. We will not let your father's memory go to waste.' She looked at each of us dead in the eyes. Allowing for the power behind her words to sink in.

The cart came to a top, the castle in full view. The rest of the nobles were already here, their house carts already on parked and waiting for the end of the ball. The doors were opened by the castle servants, each of them accepting their help. He didn't notice when or how but as he looked at his family he realised the hard cold mask of just another noble family had been put on. He did the same. Octavia's features were relaxed, her walk straight and balanced. Same as her mother except her mothers walk + her eyes were deadly, a look that could kill.

The doors opened to reveal people of all sorts siting around the hall. The closer to the king's table, the more relevant you were to the kingdom. Arcturus was sitting with his wife on a table to the king's right, and a single three setter table was positioned to the king's right. To Fletcher's suspicion, the servants were guiding them there. As he followed he admired the different colours and jewels adorning every single person in the castle. He caught a glimpse of the dwarfs, with Othello and Cress close to the very front. The elves, with Sylva accompanied by that boy Fletcher saw earlier, wasn't he supposed to be at the academy? The Pasha's and Saladins were next to the Ralighs on each flank, Seraph happened to be sitting by himself of course. Next in line were the Faversham and Forsyth, Tarquin and Isadora smirking at Fletcher, which Verity just kind of blended in. Her eyes the only sign of attention on Fletcher.

They reached the table, facing the rest in the hall. The king stood. And suddenly the weight of it all landed on Fletcher

OK I stay now.

PLEASE DONT FOGET TO VOTE, THAT HELPS ME A LOT

also has anyone read the I am number four series?