Picnic

Sheena , Pari and Reshmi were pals from a very young age.Through all love,affections and squabble they have had passed in gaiety almost a great deal of their school life.Their amity was cherished with  little picnics at amazing places - the parks in the city, the museums and a lot to trot out.

On a fine night Pari received a text.

"Hey!Let's go somewhere tomorrow."

She texted back "Where have you all guys planned ?"

"Yet to be determined."an instant reply appeared.

"Have you asked Sheena?"

"I did but she replied the same old botanical garden."

"We may visit there this occasion . It's been a long time since we last visited it."

" Fine! so we will go to the botanical garden."

Other details in respect to the goods to be packed and the rendezvous were debated .A tour plan was framed out.

Having partaken these Pari  packed her essentials , noticed her mother about the trip and retired to bed.

The following morn the three girls gathered at the bus stop. After a few hours they rode a bus to the botanical garden.

The boulevard was festooned with lofty trees. They were sky licking. The roads were banked with dry leaves ,a sweet reminder of the autumn. Little ponds appeared at irregular intervals with a placard on their banks . The placard promulgated their names.

The garden was a marvel. It was a heaven composed on earth. Any city dweller is sure to be dumbfounded at this scenic beauty in his city itself. It looked as good as a forest. Infact it is the forest of the city.

The trio scrounged for a perfect resting spot. Laying a mat ,Sheena opened her satchel only to realise that she had no water bottle .The other girls were neither thirsty nor they pained to carry a bottle too. Thus, she departed in search of water.
Meanwhile Reshmi plucked a book from her bag and commenced reading it . Pari nestled her head on her lap. She did not have a good sleep last night and was quickly exhausted in this travel. She closed her eyes and smothered herself with pensive thoughts.

Suddenly the clouds rumbled. Pari aroused herself. She discovered a grim scenery. Everything was dark. She felt her face to be mildly wet and glanced at the sky. It was overcast with sombre clouds. She wheeled to approach Reshmi. She was absent. She resorted to call her .

Reshmi couldn't be contacted. So was the case with Sheena .She looked around in their search but nobody was near her. NOBODY!! The clouds rumbled louder and louder. Lighting followed . Again, the sky shrieked. The lightning darted up again . The heaven seemed to break down crushing her into pieces. Abruptly, the sky began pouring water. The downpour grew  frightfully fierce. It pinned the girl's little body. Every pin was harsher than the last one.

Spurred , Pari rushed through the endless avenue. All she could see were trees swinging and wagging violently. The dry leaves, now wet scuded. They smashed everything that appeared on their way. The branches were swaying wildly. They seemed to fall off at any occasion. The path grew wet and slippery. Pari kept on running splashing puddles. She ran and ran. But where should she go? No idea. She was helpless . Her breath deepened. She had lost her cue and could not think of anything to do. She kept running through the avenue. Abruptly, a branch collapsed . She was tired .  This prospect uniquely crippled her physique. A cracking sound was heard. Looking around, she discovered a large branch  falling just on her and
                "nooooooooo!"

Mrs Paul yelled " Wake up! Will you not go for a picnic?"
Pari opened her eyes and discovered herself on her homey berth.

Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading.