Love lost and found

In a tranquil twilight a woman was waiting for her beloved. Her heart was poignant. For large epoch she had awaited for the man of her dreams. The man who had always cherished her love . The man who had loved her ignoring her flaws.

The birds shrieked. Far away in the horizon, she noticed a ship approaching the port. Silence painted her. She glanced around and her eyes fell on a man.

The man had a lean figure. He wore a pair of glasses. His face was chiseled. She knew who the man was . The other knew her too. She felt a thurst towards him. But she stopped. The man saw her too. His eyes shown a muffled rage.

The man was her love. Over a decade ago they had separated. She had neither seen or heard of him hence.
It was only today that they reunited.

She looked at his eyes. It flashed something different.

She saw the day they first met. It was back in her college days. He wore a red t-shirt with a pair of jeans and carried a book" The Discovery of India". It was her first day in the college. Thus,she volunteered to acquaint herself to him.

From this meeting slowly drifted the time. With all of her new friends and a new life she had had passed a great number of days in immense gaiety.

The breeze shivered her little body.

It was autumn. The season of gargantuan festivals in India. In West Bengal , Durga Puja was celebrated. She saw, herself wearing the traditional Bengali saree. Her pals surrounded her. He was with her too. They strolled every local isle , visited every pandal and tasted several street food.

At one spell they were all alone , standing next to each other.

He muttered," Shalini." He was shy.
"Yes"
Looking down he sputtered," Wi..." . He took a deep breath.

" I love you. I mean... I mean .."

She was dazed. No further words were necessary . All the feeling seemed to flow between them. Her countenance flushed. She scampered up the isle and did not meet him on that day any further.

A scooter wheeled past her. Her lips parted.

A squabble that was what she saw now. A mere squabble. Slowly and slowly they got more and more. This kept on culminating and everything came to an end- the end of their love.

She saw brooks of tears down her face. Her hysterical wail pierced through her ears. The ruddy eyes begging to change his mind. But he was wilful.

All that he said ," I don't love you anymore!"

"Shalini.."

She shivered a little.

"Ranjeet!"
She wheeled round. A sturdy man with a ghash on his face was all she could see. His eyes looked with love on her . He was feeling joy of their meeting after several days. A soldier by profession. Her beloved had come. The man of her dreams. The man who cherished her love.

Grinning , she walked through the alley with her man, forgetting her love,puja and everything like an inexsistencial . She knew who was the man she really deserved. Just like the change of winds.

Please vote and comment.😃😃