{10} Agnes

After that incident, the following day, we were authorized to get home early to rest. They will start investigating what happened because students will just be a hindrance and disturbance to them. Hence, they made a decision to let us stay at home, only for our section.

As we're walking our way home, Rose keeps on laughing at me, which makes me frown until my winkled head lays flat on the floor.

"Will you quit laughing like some kind of a freak?" I hissed.

"Who's the one who will be looking like a freak if that Detective builds her theories about who's behind those killings?" She smirked.

"Can you go straight to the point?"

"You made it easier for Lilia Adair, Auroral," Rose whispered.

"What do you mean, Rose?"

"She'll think that the criminal is one of your class, excluding the dead ones, which is easier to figure out."

"I think through it hardly. Isn't it obvious? She broadcast to everyone in the country that there is someone behind those killings, and there she is playing games while other students die in front of her." I smirked and giggled.

"Do you mean you made her the suspicious one?"

"I made her look like a criminal since she's establishing her own good-for-nothing hypotheses without proofs and keeps on pointing and manipulating people." I nodded as I walk confidently. "Come on, Rose. Don't be such a fool and eat these peaches when we get home. I'll surely win her petty games."

+++++

"Agnes is sick; we'll need to get to work. Take care of her, Rose." Mom ordered before leaving.

"Yes, Mom." I smiled.

Mom said Agnes didn't even leave her room. She is worried because she is also not eating her food. She just kept on locking herself.

"Auroral, I can sense somebody is here beside us and your little bitch," Rose whispered, and her face suddenly turned from a jolly to a scary one.

"What do you mean?"

"Some demon is here. I think I know her. Her aroma is familiar."

"Can you sense where is she?"

She stopped for a while and looked left and right. Her face even became scarier when she frowned. I don't believe a frown can be a scarier one, not until today.

"Stockroom." She said.

Stockroom...

...is now Agnes' room.

"Oh gosh," I glanced at Rose with a meaningful eye, "No—" I whispered while shaking. I ran immediately as I was back to my senses.

Agnes is possibly in danger!

"Agnes!" I knocked on her door repeatedly.

"Yes, ate?" She shouted from the inside. Nothing is really wrong, not unless I was not informed that some demon is here.

"Open the door." I requested.

She immediately opened the door and face me as if she was not sick.

"I thought you're sick?" I scowled.

"I'm fine now." She smiled, not the smile she usually does.

What is wrong with her?

"May I come in?"