unexpected company

I woke up in the morning with dried blood all over my right hand,the one I punched that pervert with. I go into the bathroom and wash my hands. I noticed that I have a deep cut on right knuckle. "ouch."I say as I dry my hands with a towel.

I walk to school alone with my hands in my pocket. It's a nice day out. There's a cooling breeze and a cloudless sky. It's such a beautiful day,I think to myself. I look up at the beautiful blue sky, and instantly, I'm reminded of the girl. I begin to wonder if she'll be it school today,after what she endured yesterday.

                                               * * *

The school day goes as every other day. I get in class,do my work,and get out. Fourth period comes around and the girl comes in and sits down. She doesn't look at me. It's as if she's trying to avoid it. I take control of my thoughts and begin to do my work. The day progresses as normal. That is...until lunch. I sit at my usual table,by myself. Then,a few minutes later,the girl walks by and asks "Umm...m..may I sit here?".

"Umm...sure" I reply kindly. She slowly sits across from me and looks at her food for a minute before saying "Th..than you...for everything you d..did for me last night.".

"It's was no problem"I reply,looking up into her eyes. "By the way,"I continue,"I'm Jake". I hold out my hand. She slowly takes my hand and shakes it. "he..hello Jake...I'm Samantha...but everyone calls me Sam...".

"Well,hello Sam...It's nice to meet you." I say as kindly as possible. "It's n..nice to meet you t..to" She replies nervously.

Lunch goes on and nether of us says another word. The bell rings and everyone gets up. Sam quickly writes something on a little piece of paper and hands it to me. She quickly walks away before I could read it. On the paper,she wrote call me and gave her phone number. I just stood there with the number in my hand,rereading it over and over. I quickly pocket it and walk to class.

The rest of the day goes on and I don't say another word to anyone. My mind races all day long.

As I walk into my house,I suddenly want to call Sam. I take out my phone and the little paper with her number and begin to dial it. I put the phone to my ear and listen to it ring. I hear a "hello?" as she answers the phone. "Hey Sam...It's Jake."I answer,trying to hide how nervous I am. "Oh hi...What's up?"

"nothing much...I was just wondering if we could meet up at the park." I say nervously.

"Oh...Yea sure...that would be great." She says with a slight edge of excitement in her voice.

"Ok...So I'll see you in an hour?"

"Alright...see you soon Jake."

"Ok see you...bye."

"bye."

I hang up and am unable to move. I start towards my room to change. About ten minutes later,I come out in a white T-shirt and jeans. I walk out the front door and head towards the park.