Higuchi

Misa had been acting all too strange after the mission she was on, so I tried to keep a closer eye on her. After a set, she asked to go to the bathroom in a hospital near by, and we both went into our respective stalls. Next to me, I heard shuffling, and questioned what was going on. 

"Misa, what's going on in there?"

"Nothing! This jacket is just so big on me!" She giggled. I heard her stall open and close, and stepped out of my own stall shortly after she did. She kept her head down, and I was done playing the dumb card. I took her cap off, and her "hair" slid to the side as she gasped. 

"Misa, get your ass out of that stall and explain!" I heard a groan, and another girl came out of that same stall. Seemingly a nurse with brown hair, but the hair was ripped off quickly to reveal Misa's blonde hair underneath. "Did you really think I was dumb enough to fall for that?"

"No, but I was hoping you would!" I held on to the other girls arm so she would not run away.

"What was this for?"

"I want to be of use to the case, so I want to go on those dates. I was hoping to get away and go on one now," I sighed, leaning my head back as I thought about my choices.

"Why didn't you agree to go on them in the first place?" She fidgeted lightly, and I knew the reason she was going to give me was not the real answer. 

"I didn't want Light to know I was going to do it. He would be protective of me and try to convince me not to," Groaning, I held out my hand.

"Give me your phone,"

"Huh?"

"Do it if you want to go on that date," She did, and I started a call with my phone before giving it back to her. "You turn that off at any point and I will tell the others. We will get you," I grabbed Misa's wrist, covering her eyes with my other hand, and pressed the charms of the bracelets together. They fit together like puzzle pieces, and fell off. "How long will you pretend to be Misa?" I asked as I took my hand off Misa's eyes, taking the bracelets in my hands.

"A-As long as you need," I nodded, and pointed my thumb to the door, then holding the girls wrist in my hand as I put one of the bracelets on her wrist.

"Get a move on, Misa," I plugged headphones into my phone so I could hear it at all times, watching Misa run out the door with the wig back on. "Keep your head down, but not too much,"

-

I had told Mogi that Misa had a stomach ache since she had not eaten yet that day, and convinced him to bring us to a cafe. I made him sit at a different table, claiming that Misa and I needed girl time, and listened in to what the real Misa was doing as I picked at a sandwich.

Misa spoke about her being able to kill people, claiming to be the second Kira. It was sloppy, but he reacted in a way that already made it obvious that the Yotsuba group was involved with Kira, but we already knew that, so it was not of much value. I would not have let Misa do her plan if it was not for that fact. She said she would only prove proof that she was the second Kira to the first Kira, which was leaning on the verge of stupid. 

I had this whole conversation recorded, and it was starting to get interesting as I noticed that the car had stopped somewhere, because the sounds of the air whipping against the sides of the car stopped. 

"This is Ginzo Kaneboshi, president of a major finance company. He's infamous for his immoral collection methods. Sometimes he even makes people pay with their insurance money. How about him?" I held my breath, glancing at the girl sitting across from me. 

"How long do I have to pretend to be Misa?" She whispered as she stuck her fork into her already half eaten salad.

"Not much longer, I think. Maybe an hour. Stick it out, okay? I imagine Misa has some kind of payment for you," She nodded, and I sighed out the air I was holding as the guy on the phone said that the man had died, and I wondered how Misa had done it. No doubt, she was nervous about me hearing that information, but it was the only way she would be allowed to do the plan.

I heard a loud thump, and the conversation lasted a little bit longer before the two had come to an agreement. Higuchi said he would stop killing until Misa said he could again, and I ignored the rest of their conversation.

When I finished my sandwich, Mogi insisted that we head back to headquarters, and I agreed, the fake Misa and I following behind him as we headed for the car.

Misa's voice came through my headphones, saying she would be there shortly. Ten minutes later, right when Mogi stopped in front of headquarters, another car stopped as well. Misa stepped out, and Mogi's eyes bulged out of his skull as they shot from the fake Misa in the back seat with me, and the real one outside. 

Wordlessly, I stepped outside of the car, along with the fake Misa, and took off our bracelets, placing one of them back on the real one and telling the fake one that she was free to go. 

"Wha- So that was not Misa?" He pointed towards the girl as she started to walk away, and I shook my head, placing a finger over my lips as Misa and I walked back into headquarters side-by-side, Mogi trailing behind us awestruck. Misa pulled her phone out of her pocket as we arrived outside of the main office's doors.

"We have something that you guys need to listen to," I said as Misa pressed play, playing the last bit of information that Higuchi said, the part that proved that he was Kira. 

"Now we not only know Kira's identity, but all thise deaths that we worrying chief are gonna stop!. That's amazing, Misa Misa!"