yale.

" Spencer, stop smoking" I mutter under my breath.

Me and Spencer were studying in the warm library when he decided for a smoke break outside in the cold. My hands under my mittens were freezing and I tucked my nose in my blue Yale scarf.

" Aw, come on darling" he scoffed, kicking the pebble in front of him. His brunette hair fell slightly above his eyes. There were dark small circles under his brown eyes from his lack of sleep. Senior AP mid terms were starting, taking a toll on Spencer.

I tried being of comfort to Spencer but nothing had worked. I told him Martha Stewart jokes and joked how the equivalent of Yale tuition is the more than 293 Jimmy Choos heels. He said I understood nothing since I'm a sophomore and much to young to understand adult hood like him.

" Come on with what? Come on as in let's egg the professors class and go buy expensive pillows? Or come on as in letting Leonardo DiCaprio exploit another blonde in a film?"

His head slowly turned to face me, smirking at me to see if that was my honest answer. " You never do change, Lorelai. The earth can be seconds from global disaster or an economic downfall and you still want to complain about poor films with poor actors."

I shrugged, " eh, I rather not live with poor films. Poor films is like eating bad cake; never ends well." Spencer said nothing but smashed his cigaret on the floor with his shoes, " hand me another one will you dear?"

I never smoked but kept his foreign cigarets in my purse along with his lighter engraved with my initials. I handed him a cigaret up to his mouth as I light it up.

" Smoking isn't good for you, you know."

He took a long drag as he blew it into the distance, " then don't smoke Lorelai."

" I'm saying it about you, not me."

" You can't be serious right now."

" Well, I am."

" You knew I smoked when you met me. Don't act surprised now. You're not even a med student."

" Everyone knows smoking is bad."

" Good for them. They also know tons of cake is bad for them, Lorelai."

" Cake is totally different from smoking!"

" Oh really? How so? If you have to much of it, doesn't it kill you?"

" Cake is apart of a joyful thing, that's why it's at birthdays and at jail releases."

" They give you cakes when you get out of jail, Lorelai?"

" Maybe, if they're in a good mood."

" Have you ever been in jail?"

" I have actually."

He raised an eyebrow in surprise, " oh really? And you never though to say this wonderful story with me?"

I rolled my eyes, " I was six, I got lost, I ended up in police department, my maid got me out of jail, grounded from my parents, maid got me cake, the end. Any more questions?"

He shrugged, " you must be Yale's holy student."

I laughed, " me? God, tell that to my parents. My dad thought of me as Willy Wonka for most of my life cause I eat too much sweets. And my mom often said I was the worst person of all time...I think she was referring me as Dark Vader."

He grinned, " I think she may be right."

During the winter break of Yale, we went to festive Yale society parties, gambled thousands in a poker game for a joke, thought about brewing sea lions, having serious debates about gluten with both of us not knowing what gluten was, Spencer clutching my hello kitty pillow and yes I have pictures.

Me and Spencer spent most of our Yale days together. If he was showering sometimes I would sit on the floor of the bathroom as I talked about my life adventures dissapointing with my parents or trying to explain the concept of Legally Blonde.

Today was one of those days.

I was sitting down on his bathroom floor as he took a shower behind the curtains.

" Everyone in Yale has read a Herman Melville book's at least once. How come you haven't Lorelai? "

I shrugged though I knew he couldn't see, " I've never heard a good book from his." " He's made international famous books. Especially that one book but I forgot the name, it was dick something."

" Well, I'll look up 'Dick' up on the internet and see what comes up" I joked.

" You better not Lorelai" he spoke in a strict tone. " Your right, I have dinner tonight with my parents and I wouldn't want the pope looking. Would be very un-lady like for me next to the pope."

" Your parents are inviting the pope?"

" Oh of course not. They think taking in donations is too uncalled for; the pope couldn't impress them in a thousand years. I'm sure the pope would lose his humanity if he met my parents."

He chuckled, " I have to meet them now."

I dramatically gasped, " absolutely not."

" Let me go over tonight."

" You have to be kidding! Don't you want to live to see the next day?"

" You're tempting me even more now."

" In the Yale brochures, it never mentioned people who enjoy going into straight death."

" What can I say, it's Yale."