chapter 2

"take, wear this'. Elena shoved a pair of matching hoodie of him and swiftly turned to the opposite side. She didn't know if her father would be proud of her for saving a stranger life or be mad at her for seeing the stranger naked.

"It doesn't fit". She heard his boyish voice from behind her, she turned around and nearly smirked after seeing how big the clothes were for him, the clothes were for her father and unlike her he was a big man.

"It doesn't matter; when you get home you can get yours". She stated and began to the kitchen, he needed to eat something after the little surgery he went through yesterday.

· "I don't remember where I live". He mumbled following her.

"You don't remember anything at all?".

"Nothing". He confessed with a sad look and Elena couldn't help but pity him, she smiled as she recalled when her father told her, her good heart was going to get her killed one day. 'I wonder who died from being good first'. Whenever she sees him again, she promised herself to ask him that.

"The bacon smells good". He commented and tried picking up a hot piece.

"It so weird that you remember nothing but food". She smiled and slapped his hand away from the pan.

"I just remember bacon is heaven". He grabbed a fork and went to the table to wait for his plate.

"After this meal, we would go to the mail to get you a cloth then to the hospital to fix your brain, then you can stop stealing my bacon". She said as she watches his hand return from her plate with her own bacon.

"I need more egg". He demanded with his mouth full.

"Do you remember what happened to your chest?". She asked him looking at the exposed part of his chest and serves him another plate. Above his injury laid many patches of white skin seems like fire burn but more like a skin disorder

"you never told me your name". he asked and for the first time looked away from his plate.

"I'm Elena, you?".

"I don't know, just call me adam". He replied and continued with his food. ' how rude'.

"ow! Ouch!". He shouted holding his stomach.

"are you okay?." She question and took his plate away from him "I think you have had enough of this".

"it hurts Elena".

"step out of the chair let me see". After observing his injury she knew they had to get to the hospital this very day for it looks infected and to make it worst his belly was full and Hugh from over eating. It wouldn't take an expert to know that in Adams life he had probably never done any gym work but he still look very much in shape, Elena made up her mind that he was more of a yoga person than gym person

"here". She gives him a glass of water. " drink up and lets get you some clothes".

" I think the taxi man likes me". He stepped at the front of her cart and started walking backward.

"that wasn't the look of like Adam, that's the look of recognition and fear, didn't you see the way he pulled out a bible and cross immediately you stepped into his taxi, I'm starting to think you are a drug lord".

" does ladies don't seems to think so''. And that was when Elena look up from the jeans she had been looking at, she nearly had an attack from what she saw, people were staring at them, a crowd had gathered around, some were even taking picture but none daring to come close.

She was so confused on what was going on and what to do, she was sure her father would know what to do, only if he were alive. She pushed a curl out of her face and smiled, at least wherever this pictures were going to she wouldn't be looking like a nag.

"Adam, step back please, did you take anything from the shop?". She questioned knowing that was the only reason why this people would bother taking pictures of them.

"I didn't, I swear". Adam voice showed panic, his breathing raged like a panic attack was building up somewhere.

"lets get out from here". She told him when someone broke out of the crowd to approach them. She grabbed his hands and pulled him out of the mail, hailed a taxi immediately, he pushed him into the taxi and followed suit she wasn't surprise when she saw the crowd from the store follow try to take more pictures.

"sh sh sh, you are alright now". She tried to calm the adam who had buried his head in her hair trying to catch his breathe, she patted his hair softly, she could tell crowd and pictures weren't his thing.

Irritation built up when Elena caught the taxi driver taking picture, he was so lucky she wasn't the violent type.

"put that away please, get us to the nearest hospital". She hissed at him . "besides why do you guys take picture of us". She asked the man a question that had been eating her up since. There is no where adam was a drug lord or mafia and she was pretty sure she knew every famous black in this town.

"I don't know, im going to sell them. You people ought to be famous right?". The driver asked them as they reached a teaching hospital

Elena ignored him and whispered 'we are here ' to adam.