Chapter Six

1 week. 

It's been 1 week since the first day of school. 1 week through senior year and I got to say, this is by far the weirdest week I have ever went through. And it all has something to do with a particular Cole Summers being back in town. 

It still baffles me how the news of Cole Summers being back spread like wildfire. The entire female species have completely gone nuts about Cole. Almost ever girl in school is gossiping about him, talking about his looks, his hotness and basically just how he is. I can't blame them, though. Compared to what he used to look like, I can pretty much say that puberty did its job well. If I didn't knew him, I'd probably be one of those girls. 

Every girl in school is really going nuts about him. Except Celeste, who already knew Cole from before. Remember when I said me and Celeste go way back? Well, Cole was still here when we were close. So she knew him, very well. 

Whenever she heard his name in the hallway I couldn't help but notice the look of annoyance and disgust on her face whenever she passed by. Now that I remember, Celeste used to hate Cole because Cole used to pick on her about everything before. Her clothes, her hair, the way she talks, Cole never left out a single thing that's why there was a time that I ditched hanging out with the boys just so I could hang out with Celeste. She didn't want to hang out with the boys because she knew Cole was always there. I grew up with the the boys anyway so back then I wanted to hang out with Celeste more because she understands me more than the boys do. A girl needs a girl friend, y'know.  

Now that I think about it, maybe Cole had a thing for Celeste before. He always picked on her whenever he can. Whenever he had the chance, he would always find a way to grab her attention and annoy the crap out of her. Whenever Cole and Celeste were in the same room, it's impossible for them to sit still peacefully because when we were all together, they would always break into fights and endless bickering. So maybe he did like her. I couldn't blame him if he did, she was always this pretty blonde girly girl who was afraid of getting her hands dirty. Even though she was annoying to the boys, she had guts and she had a strong personality. She didn't take no for an answer because she was spoiled like that. I was kind of jealous because on the other hand, I was this boyish girl who knew nothing about girly stuff. Growing up with boys as best friends, there's not much girly stuff to play with. Not that I'm complaining though, I had a great time playing with Lego's and cars and making robots kiss each other.

Yeah, there wasn't much to go on. 

Now that Cole's back, I'm still trying to get used to the fact that he was really, finally here. For good. It still bug me how he treated the twins so well but to me, he was kind of different. He was distant and whenever we talked, he gives such short replies that makes me not want to attempt to talk to him for much longer. Which leaves me thinking, did I do something wrong to him before he left? Not that I remember anything, we had a great time before he left. I remember we were eating ice cream in the playroom while playing pool table. That was the very last time we spent together, all 4 of us. 

I decided to push the thought aside. Of course, 4 years have passed so I can't expect everything to be the same. A lot has changed since then. Not only did we grow physically apart but also mentally so I understand if he didn't feel the same comfort with me as he felt before. Despite our uncomfortable situation, I still treat him as one of my best friends til now. 

As I make my way through the hall with Emily, I flinched in surprise as I felt an arm wrapped around my shoulders. In an instant, I grabbed the arm and twisted it back causing the person to blench and struggle from my death grip.

"Ow!! Cassie, it's me! It's just me! " Dylan whimpered. 

"Dylan, what the hell!" I let go of his arm.