9

-Kriya-
After that heated affair during breakfast, I left Reyaansh in the kitchen to take a much needed shower. It lasted longer than normal, the whole interaction kept playing and replaying in my mind. His touch still burned on my skin, as if leaving a permanent mark on my body. Too many thoughts and feelings were jumbling up in my mind.

But it meant nothing. Not to me. And definitely not to him. Right?

No matter what I told myself, I couldn't banish the thought that this was the first time I had gotten that intimate with anyone in years.

Maybe that was what it was, sexual frustration. Yes, that's it. No big deal. I could handle sexual frustration. I'll find another man, a human man. That'll get the job done perfectly fine.

And if they don't, maybe I'll finally look into the vibrators women rave about.

While thinking all of that, all I could do was wish the hot water could wash the memory of his touch away.

Finally, after 45 minutes of wasting precious water, I got out of the shower berating myself for not being environmentally conscious enough.

I wrapped myself in a fresh towel and stepped out. I found some clothes laid out on the bed. Some sweats and men's t-shirt. And underwear from the day before, clean!

Did he wash my underwear? When did he find the time?

My cheeks heated up again. I pushed the image of Reyaansh handling my dirty underwear from my mind and got dressed up. I then looked into the full length mirror to see the disaster than I am and I can't say I was surprised. I finger combed my hair to make it look a little bit decent, since I didn't really know where he'd take me shopping. Finally when it looked like there was nothing I could do about the "homeless chic" I was sporting, I gave up and left the guest room to go find Reyaansh.

I found him-waiting for me?-as soon as I stepped into the hallway. In a simple yellow t-shirt and vintage ripped levis', he looked delicious.

That made me more aware of my own state of dishevelled mess. Why does he always look at me like that?

He looked thoughtful. When he didn't react or move for a few minutes I walked up to him and snapped my fingers in his face. All he did was blink and lick his lips. And my eyes shot right to that motion, my body felt all hot again, despite the unusually chilly morning.

I wasn't used to being affected by men like this. And I sure as fuck had never experienced bouts of lust in my life. The man had an unusual talent of getting under my skin.

I scowled at him and he just smiled back, as if amused by my reaction. I reminded myself this man wasn't used to women not wanting him. The thought of me not wanting him might've been a blow to his ego. That made me feel a little bit better about my situation, no matter the fact that it was lie and I was pathetic. At least he didn't know how to read minds. Or could he?

That gave me a pause. I turned from him and marched downstairs, feeling his gaze on me the whole way to his front door.

"Wait-Kriya..." he called out.

I stopped and turned towards him; my heart skipped a beat. The man held a jacket out towards me.

I stepped into it and he helped put it on me. It was a large denim jacket that smelled like him. I could get used to it, which was the whole problem. He pulled on a utility jacket over his shirt and pointed me towards a pair of crocs flip-flops lying beside the door, roughly my size. Apparently, he had everything thought out.

We walked to his car parked under the small shaded garage beside his house. We got inside his car and after putting on his seat belt he said,

"So, mall or thrift?"