THIRTEEN: Beatrice...

“Stop you don’t have to pay for me.” I said pushing Ronnie out of the way at the movies. He started laughing but he moved me out of the way to pay. You could see the cashier was getting annoying because we kept fooling around. 

“The guy always pays.” Ronnie said as we got into the line for snacks.

“It’s so cliche and annoying. Like it’s kind of sexist.”

“You’re a total feminist.” Ronnie said laughing.

“My mom taught women’s studies in college. She was a feminist.” I said.

“Gina?” He looked confused.

“Oh yeah. Um nevermind.” I said forgetting that he didn’t know the full story.

“What are you talking about?” 

“It’s a long story.” 

“I have time to listen to you. If you haven’t noticed Dillion. I like you and I care for you. If you need someone to talk to you can talk to me.” He said. I never met a guy like Ronnie. He was open and he didn’t care.

“I don’t know if I’m ready to tell you.” I said.

“That’s fine. But when you are. I’ll be there to listen. Now, what do you want to snack on? Popcorn?” He asked.

“Gummy bears?” I said. 

“You don’t seem like the bear kind of person.” he said buying them for me, this time I didn’t protest. He also bought himself popcorn and a soda for both of us.

“They are actually my favorite candy. I like the worms better though.” I said accepting the drink.

“Do you want any of my pop corn?” he offered as we sat down in the middle of the theatre.

“No thanks. I actually don’t like popcorn.” I said.

“WHAT? How do you not like popcorn? It’s like heaven!”

“I don’t know i just never liked it.” I said opening the gummy bears. I offered Ronnie some but he didn’t want any.

“The previews are my favorite part of the movie.” Ronnie said.

“Mine too! I thought I was the only one.” 

“My younger brother always makes fun of me for it. He tells me i’m crazy.” 

“How old is he?”

“6. He is the best little brother ever.”

“That’s so cute.” I said as the previews started. We stoped talking because I could see that Ronnie was incredibly interested in some comedy movie about a bear that was coming out. He chuckled at the screen before he noticed I was staring at him. He smiled when he noticed. Thank god it was dark or he could see my turning red. 

Beau’s Point of View:

I walked into the movie theatre with skip hanging onto my arm. I was dressed up as a girl and skip was my gangstar boyfriend. I knew people were looking at up but I didn’t care. We got out tickets. Luckily I over heard Dillion tell mom about the movie she was seeing. 

“Come on Be-Beatrice.  We are going to be late.” Skip said pulling me along. I giggled and skipped along with Daniel.

“Oh Dan you’re so cute.” I acted as we passed an old couple. They looked at me with extreme expressions of concern. I laughed. We got into the movie theatre, where Dillion and Ronnie was. I tried to not make a lot of noise but it didn’t work because Skip tripped on the shoe lace of his work boots. I held my laugher but I just smiled as half the people in the theatre turned around. 

“You fuck. Get up.” I said pulling Skip off of the floor. “There is Dillion.” I said pointing towards the middle. There were seats about four rows behind them where me and Daniel sat.

“Should we get closer?” Daniel suggested. 

“No. We are fine.” I said trying to ignore the surrounding people that were looking at us.

“Dude Ronnie is making a move!” Daniel hit my arm because I was drifting to sleep. There was barely any action going on between Ronnie and Dillion. They would share snacks and there was an occasional smile or small talk. But when Daniel hit me I shot up.

“He is doing the classic.” I said leaning closer towards them. The older couple that sat in front of us told us to be quiet and to lean back. I just smiled and ignored them.

“Beau, he just put his arm around her! He wants the v.” Daniel said and I just looked at him with a weird glare.

“I can’t have this.” I said getting up and sliding down the rows. I fell on top of the old couple in front of us and then on the little kids in front of them. You could hear Daniel snickering above. I was eventually behind them and I didn’t know what I was to do. Luckily I had ducked when Dillion turned around so she didn’t see me.

“Did you hear that?” I heard Dillion ask Ronnie.

“Nahh it was probably in the movie.” Ronnie said. When I noticed the close was clear I did the first thing I could think of. I kicked the back of Dillion’s seat. She shot up.

“Excuse me little boy, can you not kick my seat.” She said with the aggravated tone in her voice. I saw the little boys face. He looked upset but he kept looking at me and then back to Dillion. I tried to stop him but it was too late.

“Hold on one second. I’ll be right back.” I heard Dillion get up. There was nothing that I could do. I was caught. I felt someone pull my shirt off from the ground. Dillion dragged me towards the exit.

“You too Daniel.” She said instructing Daniel to follow her. He got up with his head down. 

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Dillion basically through us outside of the movie theatre doors. 

“This was all Beau’s idea.” Daniel said. 

“Beau what the fuck?”

“I’m sorry Dill. I just couldn’t help myself.”

“Couldn’t help yourself? Bull shit. You just can’t let me be happy? If you haven’t noticed I haven’t really had the best luck here in Melbourne. I’m not really great at making friends. And the one time I do you two fucks ruin it.” Dillion said getting her phone. She tapped away at her screen. “Great! Because of you two Ronnie left. He had to go for some ‘family emergency.” I hope you two are satisfied. You ruined everything.” Dillion said storming out the front doors. She sat down on the curb and put her head between her legs. I really screwed up this time.