The Return Of A Prince

The Princess

Her footsteps echoed in the empty hall; her sights set on the chair made of swords.

The footsteps came to a stop as Dany reached the bottom of the dais, a sigh leaving her.

So much darkness and gloom, the throne room never felt happy, at least not since...since him.

No one ever dared speak his name aloud, The King would break at his son's name.

When the incident happened it was like a gust of wind blew through the Red Keep, sucking up all the laughs and smiles.

Then the second incident happened a few moons later and any chance of happiness returning vanished like dragons from the sky.

But Dany was still grateful for what she had, the family that surrounded her.

The King and Queen on the other hand suffered greatly at the loss of him and Dany knew they would never be the same again.

Aegon's death further fractured the realm, what was the King to do without his male heirs?

Dany sighed again and continued on her walk to the courtyard, her footsteps leaving a faint echo in the lonely room.

She was lucky, she supposed, she was eight and ten and The King had not even brought up marriage proposals yet. A thought Dany dreaded almost as much as him.

She sat on a bench overlooking the courtyard, it was late, and Dany did not expect to see anyone, though she was not entirely surprised to see Rhaenys walking toward her with that gentle smile of hers.

"What a surprise to see you out here Daenerys." Rhaenys teased as she sat down next to her.

"Couldn't sleep." She replied vaguely. She had been having dreams again, about him.

"Dreams?"

Rhaenys was technically Dany's niece, but they we sisters. When they had no one, they had each other. Given that, Rhaenys could read Dany like a book. Though it went both ways.

"Yes." Was her quick reply.

"Same."

They stared out into the open night sky, stars shining, moon glowing.

"What do you think they mean?" Rhaenys asked quietly, as if afraid of how Dany would respond.

"I don't know Rhaenys, but I hate them."

"But why? I would love to see Aegon in my dreams, unless of course it was of something hideous." It was then it seemed to click for Rhaenys. "Oh no, what did you see him doing?"

Dany swallowed, willing the memories to stay back.

"Something hideous." She spoke softly, knowing how weak she sounded.

"Oh Daenerys, I'm so sorry..." Rhaenys replied, wrapping her arm around her, and pulling her into an embrace. Dany let her head rest on her sisters' shoulder and let out a sob.

"He's so different in my dreams. He is not the shy boy, he is a monster, cutting down men and creatures alike. His eyes are also so filled with violence and rage. Gods, I wish Rhaegar had never sent him away." She whispered.

Rhaenys rubbed her arm soothingly, "We all wish for that, Rhaegar most of all. You know that's his biggest regret."

"I know...I know." She mumbled.

"You are strong Daenerys; you can get through anything." Daenerys nodded, but did not agree. "Come now, lets try to get some sleep before the sun brings a new day."