Chapter 24 - Slow burn

Chapter 24: Slow burn

"Where have you been?" iyon ang bumungad na tanong sa akin ni Acacia pag pasok ko sa loob ng gym. 

"Hello there." sabi ko as I walk passed her and put my training bag sa bench para sa afternoon training namin. 

"If I were you, I will answer that question, Batchy." I heard Justine said kaya napa angat ako ng tingin and that's when I realized na tama ito, I need to answer Acacia's question dahil mukhang bubuga ito ng apoy sa tingin niya sa akin. 

"I just went to my condo." naka taas na kamay kong sabi habang si Justine ay naka ngising nag lalakad palayo sa amin. She knows that it is best to stay away dahil baka madamay siya. 

"Sana dinala mo yung phone mo!" she said sabay hampas sa ulo ko. 

I knew at some point gagawin niya iyon, but I didn't expect it sooner. 

"Masakit yun ah.." I whinned "May I remind you na kahit libero ka, volleyball player ka pa din!" I told her sabay himas sa ulo ko. 

"Tss.. you deserve it." she said habang nakataas ang kilay nito "Anyway, may nag hihintay sayo kanina pa." 

Dahil sa sinabi nito ay napakunot ang noo ko "Who?" I asked

Instead of answering my question ay tumingin siya sa ibang direksyon kaya naman sinundan ko it. And I didn't expect the person that is waiting for me. Well, she's the last person that I wanna see. 

"She's waiting for you since this morning, and I don't know what to tell her kung nasaan ka dahil hindi ko naman talaga alam." then she looks at me "Do you mind telling me what is really going on, Bianca?" she asked. 

Napabuntong hininga ako sa tanong niyang iyon. 

"Hey," she said and put her hands on my shoulder "What's wrong?" this time halata sa boses nito ang pag aalala. 

Umiling ako. 

"Monster." she said softly as if telling me that I can tell her anything. 

I sighed  sabay iling. "Kausapin ko muna siya, okay?" I told her and I see her nod. Agad naman akong tumalikod para puntahan ang babaeng nag hihintay sa akin. Pero hindi pa ako nakaka layo ng tinawag ako ni Acacia kaya muli akong napalingon sa direksyon niya. 

"You know, I'm just here, right?" tumango ako after hearing it because it's the truth, I know that I can always count on her. "Good." She said "Sige na puntahan mo na siya." saka ito tumalikod at nag lakad papunta sa mga rookies. 

I slowly walk towards her direction while contemplating how and when I can tell Acacia everything. 

"This world is full of choice, Bianca, and there are times that we need to be selfish and choose ourselves. I know it's easier to choose what is comfortable to you and to everyone around you, but at the end of the day does it makes you happy?  I hope you find it in yourself to choose what makes you happy, Bianca."

I remember Darcelle told me bago ako umalis ng condo kanina as if she knew that I that there is something I need to confront at kailangan ko ng isang bagay for me to be able to decide.

I shake my head as I tried to remove Darcelle's voice inside of my head. But it's hard not to wonder how someone I just met few days can make her presence a big impact in my life. How I find Darcelle's beautiful mind so fascinating.  That everything she says seems to fit at the right time and place. I'm still confused on how makes me feel that everything she say is what I needed. 

"You're here." I heard someone says kaya agad akong napatingin sa direksyon nito.

I didn't realize that I am few steps away from her.