Chapter 1: Bankrupt

Hadleys' POV

"Mom, Dad, I'm home" I shouted, Kinuha ng mga maids ko ang dala ko at they put it sa sala namin. I came from school and it was really a tiring day.

"Hi honey, Come let's eat" That's mom, They're in a the kitchen, eating obviously. Her name is Leyra Fernsby, we're not close na right now kasu she is always busy sa work. She is pretty even if she's aging. I sat down infront of her and get my food.

"So how's school?" My dad, Mr. Hadlaust Fernsby, C.E.O of our company, I dont worry too much about the company because i'm obviously the heir and they're not gonna let the company get bankrupt kasi pag ginawa nila yan, I'm gonna hate them.

"Still the same, dad" I said, Nag-aaral ako sa University of Cebu. But, I usually don't speak bisaya, usahay ra. I grow up sa states kasi and I graduate at Manila. We live here sa Cebu ngayon because of our Mall here. Gusto ni dad kasi na mag-focus sa Mall namin dito, I dont know why, actually.

After ko sumagot hindi na nila ako kinausap, well because they're facing nanaman sa kani-kanilang laptop duh!. "I'll go to my room na mom, dad" I said, I waited for a couple of seconds if they will respond to me, pero hindi so I went straight to my room and shower. I weared my terno pajamas and went to my bed.

I scroll on my social accounts until It's 9:00 p.m. I did my skin care routine and sleep. I woke up around 5:00 a.m., I showered and wore my uniform. I hate our uniform, it's so not stylish kasi eh. I ate my breakfast alone, pumunta na ako sa car and let my driver drove me to school.

Dumating ako around 6:00 A.m. medyo maaga pa so I went to the nearest starbucks muna and buy a frappe. I texted Maryleen and Athena if saan na sila and they said they're on there way na sa school. They're my friend, well they're the one na naki pag-friend sakin and I said why not, right?, They're also rich naman. I don't make friends with cheap. Disgusting.

Bumalik na ako sa school and there they are kakababa lang sa cars nila. "Hi girls" I said, "Hey" They both said, they're both in ponytails while me only a headband, I look cute kasi wearing this.

We walk sabay-sabay and i'm in the middle, madami na namang nag bubulungan, ofcourse kilala akong mayaman and pretty here.

"Ouch, Do you know how to walk?" May bumangga sakin, ugh! My most hated, A nerd. She's wearing this makapal na glasses and then a messy bun, Para syang labandera because of her hair. So, I pushed her even though she said sorry. I dont need her sorry, hindi na mababalik ang gusot sa uniform ko duh!.

"Sorry na gali, murah mag kinsa oi" She said, What!? Sumagot pa sya ha!, Ofcourse I understand bisaya, I just dont wanna talk using that language. "What did you just say?, Hindi mo ba ako kilala? Itong inaapakan mo nerd, sa mga ancestors ko 'to" My grandpapa built this pero my uncle ang naging heir nito.

She just walked passed by me na parang wala, ugh! Palalampasin koto ngayon nerd, ngayon lang. "You okay?" Athena said. "Yeah, Lets' go" Binalewala ko na lang yung mga bulungan wala akong makukuha dun.

Madaling natapos ang subject, so I went straight to home para mag rest. Hindi lng yung nerd ang nakaka-tired pati yung mga ginawa naming activities ang dami. I wore my pajamas, do my skin care routine and went to sleep.

Weeks passed by and ganon lang ang mga pangyayari. Activities, Performance, Exams etc. And the nerd? Hindi ko na sya nakita, She's probably scared of what I said. Well, She better be.

Sabado right now so I went to the gym. I put my airpods and started running. Hindi ako nag kotse, I entered the gym and started stretching and excercising.

Pagkatapos ko, I went straight to home and showered and ate breakfast. I saw mom talking to someone on the phone, I'm about to greet her when I gasped of what I just heard.

"Oh please! Do something with that, I can't afford to lose the company, I will lose everything" Oh my God, I covered my mouth with shockness when I heard what my mom says. I hide when mom looked at my direction. My worst nightmare, Oh no! If that happens what am I gonna do? >_<.

I ran straight to my room, Find my phone and texted Athena and Maryleen to go to the starbucks so I can talk to them of what I just heard.

I ordered a frappe muna kasi nauna ako. I waited a couple of minutes until they came. "What's wrong?" Athena said worridly. She's wearing a croptop paired with shorts. Maryleen is a shy type person so minsan ko lang marinig mag talk, but she's a good listener. She's just wearing a simple jacket yung parang pang korean tss.

"Girls, You're not gonna believe what I just heard kay mom" I drink on my frappe, I dont know how to start, Im so nervous of what I just heard. " Mom was talking with someone sa phone nya, and-" I stop talking muna and wipe my tears falling down on my pinkish cheeks. "She said to that someone na do everything daw kasi she cant afford to lose the company if she lose the company she will lose everything daw" I continued.

They both gasped as they here my explanation. Ofcourse they will, If our company will be bankrupt. We will lose all our money, ano gagawin ko sa buhay? I can't live without money. That explains everything when they're both busy na, kasi noon if mom is busy dad will bond with me and vice versa. And we came here sa Cebu kasi we will lose this mall.

They both look at me with so much worry in there face. And they held both my hand. "That's okay girl, I know you're mom and dad will find a way to fix that" Athena said looking at my eyes. Im still crying so I calm down myself and smile to them.

"I know girls, I dont know what to do without both of you" I said to them smiling, I know I look O.A. but I just can't afford to lose our company just like moms'. We changed the topic to something positive, went shopping and went home.

When I went home I saw mom and dad yelling at each other. I just ran to my room crying. Weeks, months passed. Unti-unting nauubos ang mga gamit namin sa bahay and even our maids. Mom would cook for us or order nlng if she's busy. While me? I went to school walking and sasakay sa jeep. Pwede sana akong mag taxi kaso mom told me to make tipid daw.

I went home tired galing sa school when I saw all our things na nasa maleta na and mom and dad are bading goodbye sa mga last maids namin with tears racing on there cheeks. "Mom, what happened?". Im about to cry when mom hugged me and said..

"Our company got bankrupt anak" I froze, It feels like end of the world for me na. I cried na talaga with mom hugging me.

"Saan na tayo ngayon mom? Why can't we just live here?" I pointed our house. "We can't anak we are going back to manila may ibibigay na house ang lolo mo so we can stay there temporarily. Dont worry me and your dad will find a way to get our company back, ok?" Mom said holding both my arms and stare at me sa eyes. I cant hold my tears anymore so I just cried at mommys' shoulder

We travelled kahit gabi na. I face time Maryleen and Athena to say them. They cried kasi hindi pa ako sigurado if babalik kami sa Cebu. I slept sa byahe and when I woke up, I was shock.

We will live here? Oh my god heck no!!. This place is disgusting.

----
Thank you for reading chapter one. More chapters soon. Share this story to your fellow wattpader friends if you like it. ❤️