→ secret [2]

Second and last part !

"Y/n! You finally showed up!" Steve beamed at me as I chuckled nervously. "Yeah, sorry I was late." I rubbed the back of my neck and leaned on the counter. "Everything alright?" he looked down at me with a concerned look. "Yep." I lied and avoided his stare. My heart was beating so fast it could pop out of my chest anytime. "I don't think so, L/n." he huffed, "Look at me, Y/n." he told me, which I didn't do. He turned my head to him using his fingers, we shared a look for a moment until he spoke up. "Wanna talk it out?"

I gulped, I hesitated for a bit but I have no choice anyways so I nodded and made our way through the back room since no customers were coming anyway.

"What is it?" he asks as he stood in front of me, leaning on a table, his eyes locked on mine. I sighed. He cupped his hands on mine and I bit my lip nervously. The silence between us was getting awkward as he patiently waits for my answer. "Hey, I hate seeing you like this, it's also stressing me out." he confessed, which made me look at him again. "..I'm sorry." I frowned. I hate it when he feels sad because of me, and the reason why am I like this, is him. "No, don't be." he hushed, putting his arms on my shoulder.

I just wanted his embrace so I pulled him closer for a hug. He jumped a little but wrapped his arms around me slowly soon after. I opened my mouth to say something but then someone's voice from the counter, "Y/n? Steve?" Dustin rang the small bell placed on the counter. I pulled away from the hug and rushed towards the door and to Dustin, leaving Steve behind me.

"Ahoy, little man, want to set sail in the ocean of flavor with me?" I chuckled as Dustin rolls his eyes. "How many times will I tell you to stop saying that to me?" he let out a deep sigh, but his face then lit up when Steve walked beside me. I glanced at Steve for a moment then back to Dustin.

"What do you want, little sailor?" Steve jokingly asks Dustin, making him even more annoyed. "You two should be together, you're both funny." Dustin sarcastically said.

I wish.

"Can you do me a favor? I want to sneak into the movies today." Dustin pleaded, Steve and I shared glances before turning back to Dustin. "Only you? Where are the other knuckleheads?" I asked him as my eyebrow furrows. "They said they're.. busy." he sighed. "Aw, poor little Dusty." I teased him. "Are you going to help me or what?" he whined. "We'll go with you." Steve said happily, causing me to glare at him. "What? I don't want your little brother to feel lonely. Besides, David's here anyways." he shrugs his shoulders. David is our other co-worker, he is a really nice one, I kid you not, he always covers us when we do something stupid. I'm surprised we still have the job. "Come on, Roast Beef." Steve always calls him that after Dustin came back from camp.

They left me behind but rushed towards them after waving goodbye to David.

"What're we even watching?" I questioned Steve, him and Dustin looked at each other for a moment before chuckling. "No.." I glared at Steve. They both know that I hate horror movies, especially I get nightmares about it every night."If this is a horror movie, I swear to God, Harrington, I'll kill-"

"Calm down, Y/n/n. You can cuddle Steve if you're scared." Dustin teases and I just rolled my eyes. "Would you just stop with that wild imagination of yours?" I snapped back at him but he just shrugged his shoulders. "I mean he's right." Steve added, my eyes laid on him and widened then smacked his shoulder. "When did you become so abusive?" Steve rubbed his shoulder and we finally arrived at the cinemas. We tiptoed on the way before we plopped ourselves down on the seats. I sat in the middle, Steve on my right and Dustin on my left.

It was a horror movie. These little shitheads know how to annoy and scare me. I love them though.

As the movie showed the intro, it already scared the shit out of me so I clenched on to Steve's arm and hid my face behind his shoulder. I felt him lay his eyes on me, "Hey, relax. The movie hasn't even started yet." he whispers and chuckled softly. As his eyes focused on the movie, I gazed at him and thought about all the cute things we could do together, as lovers, not just best friends. He's already sweet enough as a friend, yes, he can be stupid sometimes but that didn't stop me from loving him. He's just the most adorable person I know. Well, except for myself.