→ summer love [2]

Warnings: fluff & sadness ahead
part two ! sorry again for the VERY late update

"this is not a goodbye."

-

steve drove you home a few hours later. you gave him a kiss on his cheek, which made the butterflies on his stomach to erupt. after saying your goodbyes, you headed straight into your room, and you felt robin followed you after.

"did you tell him?" she asks as you plopped down on your bed, robin sitting on the edge of it. "no," you sighed. "not yet."

"why not?" robin furrows her eyebrows, "it's already hard for me to tell him about that because i like him. now that he confessed, it's even more difficult." you told her as you glued your eyes on the ceiling.

"wait, dingus confessed to you?" your sister seemed surprise as she raised her eyebrows. "yeah," you whispered. "i didn't actually think he had the guts to finally confess to you." robin mumbles to herself. "wait, what?" you sat up and furrowed your eyebrows at her.

"yeah, i already know. you like each other so much, y/n. i can see that. he has those heart eyes for you everytime we talk about you or when he sees you." robin explains, slightly cringing at the thought of the boy's face.

you didn't respond, but then a thought hit you. you groaned and laid back down on your bed. "i hate this."

"hate what?" your sister asks. "that steve and i like each other very much. yeah, we confessed to each other, but i don't know. i feel like this feeling i have for him is more than just like." you rambled.

"so.. technically, you're saying you love him?" robin guessed. you sat up again, nodded your head, then shook it from side to side, then shrugged your shoulders. "i don't know. do i?"

"why're you asking me? i don't know what you're feeling." robin tilted her head, "you're no help at all." you playfully rolled your eyes. "just tell me immediately if he breaks your heart, i'm telling you-"

"-you're gonna kick his sorry ass. i know, he already told me." you chuckled as you finished her sentence.

"here's the thing," robin sat beside you. "steve's going to be sad either way, but i'm sure he'll understand. when you tell him you love him before you go to college, he's going to be happy but it's going to be hard for him to let you go. if you don't tell him you love him, it'll be upsetting for the both of you because you will be carrying those three words to college. so it's your choice, y/n." she gave you an empathetic smile before hopping off your bed and leaving the room.

you hesitated on the thought of telling him your feelings. afraid, excited, upset. afraid that he might think that you're going way too fast, excited that he might feel the same, and upset that whatever he says, you still have to part ways for you to go to college.

20th of july, 1985

steve asked you out for a date and mentioned that he would tell you something important. of course, as a typical overthinker, this made you anxious.

just in time after you got ready, you heard his distinguishable car horn outside, signaling you that he's already there. you said your see you soon's with your parents and finally walked out of the door.