→ switched [1]

big thanks to Mrsgarfield_dehaan for this idea !

summary : y/n and steve switched lives, and they have to solve the problem before they run out of time.

a/n 1: if you recognize the names i used ily 😌
a/n 2: as you can see by the title this will be in two parts since it's very long
a/n 3: this is about to get kinda confusing so be ready 🤡

"See you later, Mom!" I yelled while I was heading downstairs and slipped on my heels to go to a party my friend invited me to. "Don't get wasted, sweetie! Be home at 10." she says back from the kitchen. She finished cooking and went to see me. "Oh look at you. You're gorgeous, honey." she smiles at me. "Thanks, Mom. Got it from you." I giggled, "Alright, have fun. Don't do anything I won't do." she warned before kissing me on the cheek.

I headed out and saw my friend waiting for me in her car. I waved at her before getting in. "Nice dress, West." I teased, she doesn't like being called by her last name, she prefers Jade. "Whatever. Nice dress too, I guess." she says sarcastically as she chews her bubble gum that made me laugh.

It was a silent ride, before the raven haired girl beside me asks. "So.. Have you heard of the guy Harrington?"

"What about him?" I rolled my eyes. I didn't hate the guy, but him getting all the attention from the girls few years back annoyed me for some reason. Not because I like him, it's because he is–well, was, the biggest douche in Hawkins High. I mean, in my opinion there are a lot of better guys than him.

"Someone told me he's going to the party too." Jade muttered, eyes still fixed on the road. "Okay, and?" I replied, getting annoyed. "Maybe you'd like to dance with him or I don't know, get yourself a boyfriend. Heard he's single." she glanced at me while I cringed at the thought. "Why don't you dance with him?" I arched an eyebrow as we pulled over at the house where the party is. She glares at me, "Um, duh? I have Beck." she hissed. We got out of the car and headed towards to the house.

"Oh, here's Cat," Jade introduced me to one of her friends. "Like the animal?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows. The red head gasped, "What's that suppose to mean?!" with an oddly high pitch voice. "Oh.. I'm so-"

"Don't mind her." Jade cuts me off before pulling my arm. I waved awkwardly at Cat as she became further in the distance. As I turned my head to our direction, I saw the man himself, Steve Harrington. I groaned internally as Jade pulled me towards him. "Hey, Harrington!" she greeted before spotting Beck in the distance and letting me go, leaving me with Steve.

We stood there for what seemed like an hour, while other people are partying, including Jade. I tried to avoid the boy's eyes in front of me as the awkwardness between us got thicker. "Hey." he mumbles, breaking the silence. "Hi." I muttered back. "Wanna.. grab some drinks?" he offered, and knowing that I can't escape this situation, I agreed.

We headed outside with our red cups filled with drinks. To be honest, Steve isn't actually that bad. He's fun to talk to. "This shit tastes disgusting." I stared at my cup as we sat down by the porch. "Then why did you agreed to drink?" he asks, brushing his hair with his fingers. "Because I guess it'll be rude to deny your offer? And besides, it's nice to try new things." I answered before sipping on my drink.

"You don't drink?" he questioned, I nodded and unglued my eyes from the cup to him. "Also I have to drive home so I'll not drink that much. I figured Beck will take Jade home." I added and he nodded in understanding.