Wake up-Third Person POV

A/N: Okay, I know I said that we will get to the Sotam stuff a few chapters back, but..... They have to wake up first. And they haven't. YET. They will. And the stuff about Fitz. Leave him suffering, or save him, to get the Sotam thing rolling faster? I'd like an opinion. Please. :) And thus put another life on the line. You know, just another day in the life of Sophie Foster. ):)

The healing center was a place of solemn chaos. 

Sophie and Tam were lying side by side in cots.

Clustered around the two were family and friends. 

Tam's feet were wrapped in bandages, and placed in a certain way to prevent accidental bumps and slowing the healing. 

Sophie was in a full body cast and being treated for major smoke inhalation.

The cast was to come off after two weeks.

Tam was also being treated for smoke inhalation, but to a lesser degree than Sophie. 

The bandages on Tam's feet were to come off after a week and a half, but Elwin wanted to keep for a few extra days so that his soles would get a chance to harden. 

The Vackers had gone home, for they realized that Fitz's mind was in deep need of repair, but they had to wait for Sophie to heal before Fitz could be healed. 

Della and Alden had spoken to everyone, but it was clear that they feared for their son's health and well being. 

He was at home, in his bed, under watch and care. 

To everyone's surprise, Keefe was with them too. 

Linh had found him at Alluveterre, where it was clear he had angered Fintan and been left for dead. 

She was being treated by Physic, Elwin, and Mr. Forkle for all her emotional and mental trauma, and everyone hoped that the treatment would work.

Keefe was lying next to Sophie, on the other side of her, and Bullhorn kept on dashing to and fro between the two of them, and occasionally pausing by Tam.

Keefe's body was riddled with burns, angry cuts, swollen bumps and bruises. 

No one was sure exactly what had happened, and they were hoping that the injured would be able to clear up the issues, so it was even more imperative that they heal correctly, but quickly. 

Sophie would have loved  to finally hold all the cards in her hand, but she was not aware that she held them. 

Mr. Forkle wasn't sure she was even aware.

Of anything.  

He had attempted to enter Sophie's mind and delve some information, but per usual, it was impenetrable. 

And this time, not even Mr. Forkle could get past her guards. 

And the only one who might be able to, his mind was broken. Or shattered. Normally the adult Telepaths could tell, but most kids didn't break. 

For all they knew, it could be something entirely different. 

They really  didn't like not having anything concrete to base things upon.

And this time, instead of the kids looking to the adults for answers, the adults were looking to the kids. And no one had answers. 

As much as Alden wanted to say, "There's no reason to worry," there was a perfectly good reason to worry.

He couldn't deny it. Even though it went against every fiber in his body, he was forced to say,

"There's a reason to worry. We need the kids, Sophie, Tam, Keefe, Fitz. We need them to wake up."

And everyone nodded, marking this day in their calendars as the day waking up was the most important thing in the tiny elvin world. 

A/N: Hooray!!! I got nearly 120 reads! Happiness! Thank you so much! :D And I know  it's sounding like Flashback, but Tam and Sophie will wake up in the next chapter, shhhh...