Would you?

"Would you stay behind me when everything seems so shitty?"

I asked my boyfriend once.

"No."

My eyes widened in shock.

"Would you still hold my hand when everything look so bad?"

"No"

With my trembling lips, I continue.

"Wi-will you love me for years?" My eyes are slowly brimming with tears.

"No."

I momentarily close my eyes and heave a deep sigh.

"D-do you love me with all your heart?" This is my last card, tears are now heavily falling from my eyes.

"No."

I look at him, his face is void of any emotion while his gaze is focus on the horizon. I started to move my feet, my heart is slowly pounding into million pieces.

I'm already a few meters from him when he held my hands.

"I won't stay behind you because I'll stay BESIDE you when everything's screwed up."

"I won't hold your hands again because I will never let go of it in the first place."

My eyes widened in shock, I, along with my tears, were taken aback by his words. Shivers run down my spine, burning sensation filled my senses.

"I won't be with you for years because we'll be together for decades, till death do us apart Mi Amore."

He enclosed me in his warm embrace and kiss my forehead.

"And lastly, I don't love you with all my heart--

Because I love you with all my mind, soul and  heart."