Mighty Prince

"Mom? Can you tell me a story? Pretty please?" Mavis, my daughter cutely said while pouting her lips. I laugh at her action and caress her hair.

"What story do you want to hear sweetie?"

"I want a fairytale one! Like some sort of princess!" Mavis exclaimed in glee.

I smiled and kiss her forehead.

"Once upon a time, there's a princess who's exiled in a tall tower. No one was able to enter her place except her cruel step mother and sisters. You know what? Those evil creatures are really really bad! They are hurting her and treat her like a slave!" I said with a scripted horror expression.

"Aw! I hate them Mommy." I just smiled at my daughter's  comment.

"She thought that she will just die in the harsh hands of those people, but destiny is playful. Despite of all the struggles to reach her, a mighty prince came and save her from the burning castle."

"They fell in love with each other. Even though the princess's family is against their relationship, they still fight to be with each others arm. That's how strong theire love are."

"Aww! I want to have a Prince as brave as him too Mom! Alright, so they lived happily ever after?" My child clapped her hands in both happiness and anticipation.

A faint smile run across my lips, nostalgic events suddenly flashed through my mind.

"Yes, they did. Go to sleep now Sweetie. May pasok ka pa bukas." I said before kissing her forehead and covered her tiny body with a soft blanket.

I was about to close the door when Mavis speaks.

"I love you Mom. I promise that I will never ever leave you."

My lips started to tremble, I tried to suppress the escaping sob from my lips.

"I love you too Sweetie."

As soon as I close the door, warm tears started to fall from my eyes, soaking my cheeks.

"The prince and the princess achieve their happily ever after

Separately."

I fall on my knees and cry my heart out.

"Damn it! Years had already passed, but why am I still stuck with our memories?  Baby, I miss you; the warmth of your embrace, the flame of your touch, the passion of your kiss." I muttered in the air as hot liquids continuously falling from my two orbs.

My mighty prince, my husband, died protecting me. He blocks the bullet that was meant for me. We did everything to revive him, but the bullet hit a vital organ. My world almost collapsed and my heart broke into million pieces because of his death. Pakiramdam ko ay tinaggalan na din ako ng karapatang mabuhay.

I wipe the tears continuously flowing on my cheeks.

"If destiny will give us a chance, I'm gonna hold your hands. Looking at our beautiful scars, let's see if we can rewrite our faltered stars."

"Maybe not now, but sooner or later, I know we could continue our story. Our seperate ending, you on heaven, I on the living, will be bridge soon..."