Chapter10

Hiccup

I let out a scream of pain as heather jabs her thumb in my cut which is deeper now. I jab her in the stomach releasing her grip on me. I fall to the ground as heather runs away yelling "Be carfeul hiccup. Astrid's going to die and you'll be ours. Give up now and we won't kill her!"  She's to far away to hear now I chock out a sob "never..." I pull myself together and look at toothless nudging my father "I'm not leaving him...I'll bleed out and die here with him.." Toothless let's out a whine and stands up as a pair of arms lift me up and carry me away "no.." I'm silenced when Gobber puts me on his dragon and goes to retrieve my fathers body......

At Berk

Gobber brings me back to Berk while other people from his search party fly toothless back . " I can fly my own dragon" I say angry. Gobber throws me over his shoulder and runs as fast as he can to my home. " I heard what you said and I wasn't going to let that happen laddie" He opens the door and places me on the table as my mother rushes in behind him " Gobber what happened to him?!" She demands wrapping my arm in gauze. He tells her all of what he saw happen...but didn't explain my father. "Hiccup what happened to stoick?" She asks in a soothing tone I avoids eye contact and don't answer.

My father stoick the vast has been killed.....because of me..

I had always been trouble.....

From the time I found toothless to the time Astrid and I got together....

I love - no I'm in love with Astrid.. I will always try to protect her... She's no longer a girl I liked in town... She's my lover.. My everything.... Everything I am...but I never dreamed this would happen because of us....Astrid and I... I will never truly be able to cope....

My father is gone......

And if I don't hurry now...

My wife may be next........