Chapter 55

My heart nearly skipped a beat when Marshal asked me to marry him. I honestly didn't know what to say because of what's been happening between us. I told him that  I didn't think that he was going to stay faithful in the next year and a half that we had to keep our relationship single. I was pretty sure he was going to go to some club, meet a girl his age and run off with her and have a million babies.

We ended up kissing after that. It was true that I missed his kisses but it was a spur of the moment. I didn't feel anything once we were kissing, which sucked. Then my mom called very blunt telling me to come home. I had no idea what the hell she wanted. I tried to run through everything I did in the past few weeks to see if I did anything bad. But nothing came up.

I made my way inside the house and mom was sitting there on the couch in the living room. "Okay now, what is it?" I asked her.

"Is there anything you need to tell me young lady?"

"No. I don't know what you're talking about." I set my stuff down on the coffee table.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." She got up from the couch.

"Um, no I don't. What happened?"

"Aaron." Mom called. Then a few seconds later Aaron approaches from the kitchen. I was confused I didn't know what the hell was going on. "Tell her what you told me."

"Uh, um, I told her about you and Marshal." He said quietly.

I didn't say anything.

"Now tell me about Marshal." Mom demanded.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I lied. I tried to keep my face straight even though my inside were screaming.

"Don't lie Mia. Aaron told me everything. How could you do this? With a grown ass man?"

"Mom I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not doing anything with Marshal." I saw Aaron shake his head and cross his arms. I gave him a glare. " Why would you tell her I'm doing shit with Marshal, when I'm not?"

"Because I'm not. That's fucking disgusting."

"Watch your mouth. You're already in big enough trouble as it is."

"Mamma I didn't do anything with Marshal. I don't know what the heck Aaron has told you, but whatever the heck it is, it's wrong. I would never go for him. That disgusting."

"You're such a lier." Aaron yelled. "You told me everything. Marshal even attack me!"

"Marshal attack you?" Mom asked. Then she turned to me. "Now why would he attack Aaron?"

I throw my hands up. "How am I suppose to know, I didn't even know that they even knew each other." I lied.

There was silence for a couple of long seconds. I could see mom wheels turning inside of her head. Aaron looked at me furious. And I stood there trying to make up new lies in my head. I couldn't believe that stupid jerk told my mom. Marshal could go to jail. Aaron was just jealous that me and him never had a intimate relationship. He was made that I moved on to someone else.

"I don't even know what to do with you right now." Mom finally said.

"You shouldn't do anything because I didn't do nothing."

"Be quite. You're on thin ice with me already."

I crossed my arm and leaned on one leg.

"Thanks for telling me this information." Mom said to Aaron. "You may leave now."

Aaron nodded, grabbed his things and walked out the house.

As soon as Aaron's car left the driveway, mom let out the yelling.