Chapter 7: Travel

"Ashlie bring your bags down so we can put them in the car!" Ashlie's mom hollers through out their house.

"Coming, I need to go to the bathroom before we leave! I can't hold it for the six hour car ride!" Ashlie yells down the stairs.
It's competition weekend! It is held in Seattle, a six hour car ride from Ashlie's house. A very long and boring drive! Ashlie will try to entertain herself with all the homework she has to do. A lot of people get car sick easily but thankfully for Ashlie, she can read, write, listen to music, anything!

"Ashlie come here! we are going to say a quick prayer before we go." her dad says

"Dear Lord, please watch over us as we travel to and from the competition. Keep us safe, and we thank you for giving this privilege to go to Seattle. Please bless Ashlie in her skating. Thankyou. Amen"

"Ok everyone into the car, you used the bathroom right?" Ashlie's mom asks.

The whole family is going on this trip, Ashlie, her two sisters, her mom, and her dad.

About two minutes after they left the house Ashlie curiously asks, "You did lock the door right?"

"Your father did sweety"

"No I thought you did" her father says

"No I didn't, we better go back" her mother said

The door is locked and they head down the drive way again when her sister asks, "You do know how to get there right mom?"

"Yes I have directions right... what where did they go??" Her mom yells

"I'll turn around again..." her dad trailed off

"Ok we kicked the doors, we have directions, anything were missing now?" Ashlie's mom asks

"Finally we can go now, I'm not turning around again!"

An hour into the trip Ashlie's youngest sister, Amanda, whines, " are we there yet? How much longer do we have to drive?"

" About five more hours" Ashlie says, "Try to fall asleep, it makes the time go by really fast."