Chapter 5: Finding inspiration.

It was finally the end of a Wednesday, so we were finished with classes. If you're asking what happened over the weekend, well, nothing much happened actually.

Mica and I just enjoyed the weekend in my house and made sure that we can submit our needed short story by the time we get back to school.

"That is for today. You all can leave except for Ms. Ledesma." I raised my head up from fixing my bag to look at Miss Rica and then glanced at Mica and Justine. They both returned the look at me and my eyes told them that I don't know anything and why.

"We will wait at the pantry for you." Justine told me while pulling Mica out of the room.

Yes, you are correct. Justine is one of the 5 Kings, half of the De Guzman twins. He moved to our Directing Department and told us that acting was not really for him. When no one else but Ms. Rica and I were left in the classroom, she cleared her throat and started speaking.

"Ms. Ledesma, I'm a bit concerned with the short story that you submitted." Ms. Rica looked at me with slight disappointment in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Miss?"  I asked in shock.

Ms. Rica showed me the short story I wrote and saw the big letter F on my submission which made my eyes go wide like an owl.

"This short story got the concept I gave to you all but I am missing the emotion. It lacks what I am looking for. This is why I will give you a second chance to rewrite this and submit it to me by the end of the week."  Ms. Rica informed me and left me alone in the room, swallowing the fact she had just told me.

I grabbed my short story on the table and went to the pantry to meet up with Mica and Justine. When I arrived, I saw them immediately and they were eating early dinner while doing some school work.

I let myself plop down next to them and that made Mica and Justine notice that I was finally there. I face planted myself and just let my head hit the table. I let out a loud groan which made Mica and Justine startled because of what I did.

"Soooo… What happened?" Mica asked me while closing her book that she was reading. I turned my head to look at her with my eyes feeling moist.

"I think I'll buy some drinks and food for you, Maddy.." Justine suggested and stood up to buy food.

****

*Flashback: August 25, 20xx, Monday*

Two days earlier, Mica and I got just back from our weekends off and we're in class waiting for Ms. Rica. Mica and I were chatting away when our professor came in and was followed by one familiar tall guy.

And after taking a closer look on the guy  I realized who he was. He was one of the 5 Kings and Mica and I looked at each other. And of course, I thought about what hell was he doing here.

"Good morning class, this is Justine De Guzman. He will be joining us now since he moved from the Acting Department to the Directing Department." Ms. Rica announced to the whole class and the room was filled with chattering.

"Okay class that is enough." Ms rica said, giving out a sigh.

"Mr. De Guzman, you can take a seat behind Ms. Silva's." She said and pointed out the vacant seat at the back of Mica's.

After Justine settled into his seat, Ms. Rica asked us to pass our short stories before starting the class and discussed the history of film-making. After a long discussion, the lunch bell rang.

Mica and I left the room and went to the pantry to buy food.

"It seems that today's menu is Japanese food." I spoke while Mica and I stared at the menu.