Chapter 6: New opportunity.

It was the weekends and I was at our veranda while reading through the email proposal that Ms. Rica had sent me.

I was so focused on absorbing everything written in the email that I hadn't noticed my brother sit beside me.

"Gra-Gra..." With that call, I pried my eyes off the screen and turned to him.

My brother was very pale as if all his blood was sucked by a vampire. Noticing that there was something wrong, I placed my hand on his forehead and it was burning.

"An-An you have a fever!" After my exclamation, he collapsed beside me.

"Hey! An-An wake up!" Great... Not this again.. When I say again, it means that this was not a good sign if An-An has a fever. Why did this happen when our parents weren't around?!

I pushed An-An carefully so he can sit properly. I stood up and grabbed my phone before pushing the speed dial of my mom's number.

'Hello?'

'Mother! it's An-An!'

'Why? What happened?!'

'He has a high fever... I don't know what to do!' I was about to cry because of the situation that I'm in.

'Calm down Gra-Gra, just get a wet towel and place it on his forehead. It will cool him down a bit. Then place a glass of water beside him so he can drink it when he wakes up. I'll call Dr. Yang so he'll do a check up on An-An. Just stay calm, we will be right home okay?'

'Got it Mother..' I replied before dropping the call and did what I needed to do. I did my best to carefully put his arm on my shoulder and dragged him to his room.

After a half an hour, Dr. Yang arrived. I let him in and brought him to my brother. I told him all the things that happened.

"No need to worry Ms. Ledesma, your brother will be just fine. He was just over worked." Dr. Yang informed me after checking his pulse and temperature. I give out a relieved sigh.

"This is the medicine for the fever, make him take it when he wakes up. He also needs to eat properly. Just make sure that he gets plenty of rest and drink plenty of water." Dr. Yang told me while I walked him out of the house.

"Will do. Thank you again Dr. Yang."

After Dr. Yang left, our parents arrived home and I filled them in with what Dr. Yang had advised. An-an's color is coming back so I left him to our mother's care.

I opened my UsChat app and clicked my best friend group chat.

Me:Hey guys...

Zabrina: Yo!

Lola: Yolol!

Shane: Hi!

Me: I can't make it today.... Sorry....

Group requests for video call...

I waved my hand at the camera when all three people started shouting and complaining at me.

"Guys calm down..." I chuckled.

"What do you mean calm down, Grace?!" A very angry Lola shouted from the screen.

"Let me explain first!" I shouted so they can hear me over their own loudness. That made them shut up.

I explained what happened to the short story thing until the email and my brother getting sick today.