Chapter 14- Together

Daniella's POV

I was pacing the living room angrily with puffy eyes and a red nose when Aunt Sam got in, "Jonathan, John, I'm homeee..." the twins rushed towards her and hugged her leg as they giggled. " Oh my God! Daniella, what happened?"

I looked at her angrily" finally, you're home!" I picked up my keys and left the house, heading to the hospital JK was.

When I got there I hurriedly jumped out of my bike and ran in..the receptionist looked at me like I just murdered her, "I need to see Joshua Kings.......... please, I'm his sister"

I knew most of the hospitals won't let me in except I was family related, so I had to lie and it worked cause she told me he was in room 35, second floor.

I quickly went up the stairs with my heart beating loudly, a lot of things running through my mind but most importantly if JK was okay. When I got to the room, I froze..JK lay on the bed, unconscious with some band aids and a needle in his arm, to pass his drip. I was even more scared but the sound of his heart beat on the meter gave me a little hope.

Taya was hugging Solomon on the chair they sat on, while he drew circles on her arm with his thumb. She must have been crying.

In the last few weeks, Taya, Edith and I have grown fond of JK and the other jocks, it would be a difficult thing to let them go..Damien was sitting beside the bed with his head resting on JK's leg.

They must have heard the sound of the door because they all turned to look at me and I couldn't miss Damien's bloodshot eyes. JK was his first friend when he came newly and now his best friend. I don't think I want to imagine myself in that position if anything like this happens to Edith or Taya, I would literally kill that bastard.   

Taya came to meet me where I was and hugged me, I hugged her back and I felt a drop of tear on my skin, when she pulled back, I stole a glance at Damien and back to Solomon, he gave me a weak and sad smile, so I left to meet him, squatted beside him and hugged him.

He needed the hug now and neither Solomon nor Taya could give him. He returned it and we stayed there for a while before he broke it.

He looked so vulnerable and sad, "it's my fault he got shot, he wanted to drop me off and leave, but I made him stay and now, see where he is." I didn't know what to say to him, I couldn't find the right words, so I started, "It's okay, he's going to be fine. Just hold on tight and- "

A woman who looked in her late thirties or early forties came in, interrupting me, "where's my baby boy? Joshua honey" she looked at him sadly and I felt Damien tense beside me, he stood up and walked to her, like as if he owed her an explanation
"I-I'm so sorry Mrs. Kings, I.... didn't know anything like this would happen..." she shut him up with a hug "...It's not your fault honey, I hope you're okay, be good to yourself" she rubbed his back and released him.

Then she took steps towards JK and sat on the chair Damien was previously and held his hand.

As if on cue, Solomon, Taya, Damien and I, turned to leave the room, when Mrs. kings called out to us, "I think you should be going home now, don't want your parents to be worried. I'll call you if I need anything from you. Thank you" she gave a sad smile and turned back to JK.

We walked in silence to the reception and I noticed a man wave towards Damien with a woman holding a baby behind him. "I spoke to his mom and I'll tell you how everything goes. he's going to be alright okay? We'll be on our way now. You need a ride?" Damien smiled and shook his head. The man patted him on his shoulder and left.

Solomon offered Taya a ride back home and I was left with Damien. It was getting dark but I could sense that he wasn't in the mood to go home.

He texted his mom that he was going to be late, so we strolled to the nearby coffee shop, bought some coffee and walked down the streets.

"You didn't tell your mom huh?" I broke the silence

"She would freak out if did, I'll tell her when I get home.."

"Don't you think it'll be worse when you get home, I mean, she'll want to drive back to the hospital to see if he's okay."

He chuckled lightly, "I didn't even think of that, that sounds like something she can do"

"Imagine, I know your mom almost better than you" I teased him to make him smile. He'd be crying all evening.

He laughed loudly before he answered, "Would it make me a bad child if I agreed?"

I wanted to say something but my loud ringtone interrupted me, I looked at the caller id, it was Aunt Sam, so I hung up.

"don't you want to get it?"

"Nah, I don't need to"

"who's that?"

"It's my uhm....my....my mom"

"hmm" he looked at me and smirked

"are you seriously smirking at me? You should see how you look like" I couldn't help but laugh

"I look cool right?' he nodded his head like he was greeting one of the jocks and licked his lips slowly.

"Ew no, you look like a hungry seal" I laughed out loudly and he held his chest in fake hurt, but he couldn't hold the face for long, he joined me, spilling a little coffee to his top.

We laughed at his clumsiness and harder when our cups fell to the ground and spilling on our shoes but none of us looked like we cared about it.

We walked back to the hospital after a while and I offered him a ride back home,  talking about the most random shit and his periodic screaming at me telling me to slow down while I teased him about being a chicken till we got to his house.

When he got down, he looked terrified
"Remind me not to ride with you again" He handed me my helmet and forced me to wear it immediately.

"Oh you will, it's a bet Damie." That's the weirdest nickname I've ever given anyone, it suits him.

"Safety first Daniella. I know I'm meant to be the one dropping you off but.... either way, thanks. Goodnight "He gave me a bright smile.

"Night, chicken".

"Ride safe D"

I shook my head at the nickname and zoomed off..

A/N: Awwn that was sweet😝❤️ not JK I still feel so sad about him🥺🥺
He's practically my alter ego😹
Stay tuned guys😋