Chapter 3- Another Interruption

"Theron! Theron?"

I hear someone call my name and I whip my head towards the voice, "Hmm?" It was Sephtis.

"You feel ok? You're dazing off." Seph asks with concern, "Come on, you're supposed to see Thanatos straight in the afternoon, not go to the tactics room."

I follow him to Thanatos's office. Seph opened the door and let me in. I walk inside and stand right in front of Thanatos' desk.

"Theron, so nice to see you on this lovely afternoon."

"Likewise," I retort. He takes the remote and turns on the screen to a picture of a woman.

"You know what to do." Thanatos hands me a picture of her and an address, "This time you don't have to go to a house. She is attending one of those fancy parties. Be very discreet. The clothes and makeup are being delivered to your room now."

Seph leads me out of the office and takes me to my room. I enter my room to a fancy sparkling lavender dress that has a slit on the side to show my leg, purple stilettos, and a box of makeup on my bed. Seph waits outside my door. I put on the dress and shoes. I also put this elastic fabric thing on my leg to hide my gun and knife. I sit at the plain vanity, brushed my hair, and splashed makeup on me, not too much and not too little.

I step out of my room, "Let's go."

"You look nice," Seph says.

"Well, I'm hoping no one would notice."

Seph chucklses "Not something a teenager would say."

"I am not a teenager, I'm an adult. I'm eighteen."

I go to the weapons room and open my locker. I take out my knife and gun. This time I put a cap on the knife and I lift the dress to put them in the leg holster. Putting down the dress and lifting up my head, I saw Seph had looked away.

"You can look now." I say chuckling.

Sephtis blindfolds me and leads me to the hallway full of guards. He opens the creaky metal door and helps me into the front seat of the car. He blindfolds me before we go. After twenty minutes or so at a red light, he unties the blindfold. I think we drive for half an hour.

"We're here." Seph unties the blindfold. "Here," he hands me a small squared packet.

"What's this?" I take the packet from him.

"I just thought it would make less commotion then stabbing, shooting, or ripping her apart. It's death powder. Put this in her drink; it will make her sick then she'll just pass out and die."

"Thanks." I put the packet in my bra open the car door.

"Hey."

I look back at Seph, "Are you going to say be careful again?"

"Well I was going to give you your earpiece but that too."

I roll my eyes with a chuckle and I take the earpiece and put it in my ear. I get out of the car and close the door. There is a red carpet on the stairs of the huge building. It looks so fancy. I enter the building and see so many people. Seph was right; the powder would be less of a commotion. A caterer walks up to me and offers me food.

"No, thank you." I act regal and civilized.

The woman I am supposed to assassin is out of sight. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I turn around.

"Care to dance?" a guy asks.

"I don't dance."

"Ah come on," he smiled, "dancing can make people happy. It would make me happy."